Digital TV News: NEOTION
ORS to use Neotion CAM and Irdeto Media Protection for DVB-T2 service in Austria
Apr 12, 2013 – Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) has selected Neotion as technical partner for the launch of its new nationwide terrestrial TV service, called simpliTV. The simpliTV bouquet is based on DVB-T2 standard and Irdeto Media Protection.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, simpliTV, Austria, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Smart card / CAM, Terrestrial
NEOTION launches fully CI Plus 1.3 compliant CAM range
Mar 13, 2013 – NEOTION has introduced a new generation platform for CAM’s, fully compliant with the CI Plus V1.3 Standard. This offers pay-TV operators an extended set of features including Low Speed Communication and Operator Profile when combined with a CI Plus 1.3 compliant television.
News categories: NEOTION, Content Protection, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
NEOTION providing STOFA with Advanced VOD CAM solution
Sep 7, 2012 – The advanced VOD CAMs developed by NEOTION have been specifically tailored for STOFA’s range of pay TV services, and embed an interactive application providing access to the same range of services and applications as with hybrid set top boxes.
News categories: NEOTION, Stofa, Cable TV, Denmark, IBC, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
NEOTION to unveil secure mobile-to-TV wireless link at IBC
Sep 3, 2012 – NEOTION will be unveiling its Blue Bridge® technology at IBC. Blue Bridge creates a secure wireless link between television and smartphones or tablets, allowing the introduction of new services combining simultaneous use of television and mobiles.
News categories: NEOTION, Apps, Home Networking, IBC, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, Wireless
iWedia set-top box solution enters mass production with General Satellite
Jul 25, 2012 – iWedia has announced that one of its set-top box (STB) solutions has been adopted by General Satellite for its GS-8305 decoder which is to be deployed on the network of Tricolor TV, the largest satellite television operator in Russia.
News categories: iWedia, General Satellite, Tricolor TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
FRANSAT, Samsung and NEOTION break new ground for satellite TV reception in France
Apr 10, 2012 – FRANSAT, Samsung (Seoul: 005930) and NEOTION have announced that they have integrated a satellite receiver and a DTT module for FRANSAT into Samsung TVs from its 2012 range. The pack comprises a NEOTION decryption module and an access card for reception of FRANSAT.
News categories: NEOTION, FRANSAT, Samsung, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
VOLIA selects NEOTION CI Plus CONAX CSP CA Modules
Apr 5, 2012 – NEOTION has been selected by VOLIA, a major Ukrainian Cable TV Operator to provide CI Plus CONAX CSP CA Modules. These CI Plus CONAX CSP CAM can easily be directly inserted into the CI Plus interface present on all iDTVs and on CI Plus Set-Top Boxes.
News categories: NEOTION, VOLIA, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Smart card / CAM, Ukraine
NEOTION brings dual service descrambling CA Modules to the Austrian market
Mar 26, 2012 – NEOTION has announced that its NEOTION IRDETO SoftCell 3.11 Dual Mode CA Modules are now able to descramble two channels simultaneously for advanced set-top boxes or iDTVs which handle PVR features or Picture in Picture (PIP) functionality.
News categories: NEOTION, Austria, Conditional Access, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA