Digital TV News: STMicroelectronics
Broadcom and ST tie for top spot in Set-top Box IC market
Apr 25, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) and STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) tied in unit shipments for the worldwide set-top box IC Market in 2012, with both delivering between 85 and 86 million video SoCs for set-top boxes, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics Reports 2013 First Quarter Financial Results
Apr 22, 2013 — STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has reported results for the first quarter ending March 30, 2013. First quarter net revenues totaled $2.01 billion. Net loss attributable to ST was $171 million, mainly due to the 50% share in ST-Ericsson operating loss and restructuring costs.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics powers Smart IPTV Set-Top Boxes from NTT Plala
Apr 22, 2013 — STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has revealed that its Orly system-on-chip (SoC) is powering a new generation of advanced set-top boxes announced from NTT Plala, an Internet / IPTV service provider in Japan. The STB was developed by Sumitomo Electric Networks.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, NTT Plala, Sumitomo, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Antik unveils STB based on updated STMicroelectronics chipset
Apr 17, 2013 — Antik Technology has unveiled information on its new Juice Mini II hybrid set-top box (STB) now upgraded to STMicroelectronics' Liege STiH207 chipset. ANTIK plans to launch the STB in the third quarter of 2013.
News categories: Antik, STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Verimatrix Demonstrates Integration of CryptoFirewall Security Core at NABShow 2013
Apr 8, 2013 — Verimatrix has announced that it is demonstrating the integration of Cryptography Research's CryptoFirewall™ hardware-based security core with its Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV cardless security at NAB Show 2013.
News categories: Verimatrix, Cryptography Research, Content Protection, IPTV, NABShow, Semiconductor
Movea teams up with STMicroelectronics on gesture recognition for set-top boxes
Mar 21, 2013 — Movea has announced its collaboration with STMicroelectronics on the integration of Movea's SmartMotion Server with ST's Orly set-top box system-on-chip, enabling the easy and rapid deployment of motion-based user interfaces for next-generation connected home systems.
News categories: Movea, STMicroelectronics, CCBN, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics and SoftAtHome Demonstrate Secure Platform for MultiScreen Digital Services
Mar 20, 2013 — STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and SoftAtHome have successfully demonstrated a client/server solution that will allow service providers to reach extra screens with an optimal user experience in subscribers' homes via a single, managed connection.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, SoftAtHome, DLNA, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
WYPLAY announces launch of HTML5 Android TV platform
Mar 19, 2013 — WYPLAY has announced the launch of its HTML5 Android reference platform for chipset vendors, STB manufacturers, RCU companies and 3rd-party software houses. The platform combines Wyplay's Middleware with Android, managed by a pure HTML5 user interface.
News categories: WYPLAY, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision