Digital TV News: STMicroelectronics
Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
Dec 4, 2013 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $315.4 billion in 2013, a 5.2 percent increase from 2012 revenue of $299.9 billion, according to preliminary results by Gartner.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor
Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
Dec 3, 2013 – Following a 2.5 percent decline in 2012, the global semiconductor market has regained its footing in 2013 with revenue set to expand by nearly 5 percent because of the strong performance of the memory sector.
News categories: IHS Inc, Dale Ford, Market Research, Semiconductor
STMicroelectronics chips selected by MitraStar for Kbro set-top boxes
Nov 5, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that MitraStar Technology has selected ST’s STiH273 system-on-chip to produce set-top boxes (STBs) for Kbro Broadband, one of Taiwan's largest cable television operators.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MitraStar, Kbro, Herve Mathieu, Chiang-lin Chang, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
STMicroelectronics reports 2013 third quarter results
Oct 22, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has reported results for the quarter ending September 28, 2013. ST's third quarter net loss was $142 million as the Company took a charge of $120 million in connection with its annual third quarter impairment review and restructuring initiatives.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
httv partners with EKT to deploy satellite set top boxes
Sep 16, 2013 – httv has announced the integration of httvLink, its open-middleware solution, with EKT's DSR6201 PVR and DSD601 zapper DVB-S2 set top boxes. It will provide the full power of HbbTV as well as HTML5 for satellite markets.
News categories: httv, Eagle Kingdom, Jean-Christophe Jubin, Digital TV, DVB-S2, HbbTV, IBCShow, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics STB processors support Google services for TV
Sep 13, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has introduced an upgrade to its Software Development Kit 2 (SDK2) that allows the development of Android-compliant devices and supports the latest Google services for TV.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Yannick Paillard, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics introduces Smart Home software platform
Sep 13, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has introduced its Smart Home software platform. ST Smart Home will power set-top boxes capable of managing home energy, automation and security systems in addition to providing access to multimedia content.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Worldwide total semiconductor market to grow 3% in 2013
Sep 12, 2013 – According to ABI Research, the worldwide semiconductor market is expected to grow 3% from 2012 to 2013. There has been sequential market growth from 1Q13 to 2Q13 and the vast majority of the top 20 vendors are expecting 3Q13 to grow revenues again.
News categories: ABI Research, Peter Cooney, Market Research, Semiconductor
- FiOS TV app now available on Xbox One
- Clearleap and Accedo partner to provide seamless and scalable multiscreen solutions
- Canal Digital Kabel launches on demand services powered by Espial
- Channel Master introduces DVR+ hybrid PVR for US DTT
- Hrvatski Telekom deploys SmarDTV SmarCAM-3.5 CI Plus modules
- Siano launches advanced receiver chip for DVB-T2
- Connected TV device ownership to double by 2017
- Silicon Image introduces MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD solution for mobile devices
- Worldwide transcoder vendor revenues set to get a boost from HEVC in 2014
- Tricolor TV registers 10 millionth paying subscriber
- NEOTION deploys the first Cardless CAM in MENA for My‐HD
- LG Uplus IPTV subscribers pass the 1.5 million mark
- Opera launches Chromium/Blink engine for RDK set-top boxes
- 2.5 million TV subscribers for Russia's ER-Telecom
- Simple.TV selects Gracenote to power EPGs for on-screen and second screen apps
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Motive and icube to develop Tablet TV dongle for UK Freeview
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus