Digital TV broadcasting starts in UgandaWednesday, November 18th, 2009
Uganda has launched a digital terrestrial television (DTT) pilot project in Kampala involving 200 households. Up to seven channels are available to the viewers taking part in the trial.
The signals are being broadcast by Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) in partnership with the Uganda Broadcasting Corporation (UBC).
Uganda plans to complete its conversion from analogue to digital broadcasting by December 2012.
More: Digital TV broadcast starts in Kampala (Monitor Daily)
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store