Finland - DTT roll-out schedule updatedWednesday, August 22nd, 2007
Television broadcasting companies MTV Oy, SWelcom Oy and the Finnish National Broadcasting Company Oy made an agreement with Digita Oy in June on complementing digital television broadcasting networks of multiplexes A and B. According to the agreement, Digita builds a total of 48 sub-transmitters to enhance the visibility of digital television in different parts of Finland. The location of all sub-transmitters is now resolved and the roll-out schedule is updated.
More detailed information on the building schedule of the sub-transmitters in each region will be given during the autumn. When the sub-transmitters are operating, households using antennas must redirect them towards the new digital sub-transmitter station, if necessary, in order to receive digital broadcasts.
The channels in multiplex A are YLE TV1, YLE TV2, YLE Extra, YLE Teema and YLE FST5, whereas channels in multiplex B comprise of MTV3, MTV3 MAX (PayTV), Subtv, Subtv Juniori/Subtv Leffa (PayTV), Channel Four Finland and JIM.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store