Zon satellite service in Angola to be called ZAPMonday, February 15th, 2010
“A minha TV é ZAP”
LUANDA — Finstar has announced the launch of a satellite TV service in Angola called ZAP. Finstar is owned 70% by Sociedade de Investimentos e Participacoes (SOCIP), a company controlled by Isabel dos Santos the eldest daughter of Angolan President José Eduardo dos Santos, and 30% by Teliz, a company acquired by Portugal’s ZON Multimédia (Lisbon:ZON) in March 2009.
ZAP will be on Eutelsat W7 at 36.0°E and will include a “Max Package” consisting of 50 channels, and a “Premium Package” of 80 channels.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023