South Africa re-opens DTT standards debateThursday, April 29th, 2010
South Africa’s Department of Communications (DOC) held a Digital Terrestrial Television Standards Symposium on the 29th of April to compare the benefits of the DVB and ISDB digital TV standards, and make a decision about which format the country should use for its migration to digital.
This is despite the fact that South Africa selected DVB in 2005, and has been conducting trials on that basis since 2007.
• Deputy Minister Dina Pule’s address to the Digital Terrestrial TV Standards Symposium
• Row looming over digital TV standards (TechCentral)
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution