Harmonic Showcases Innovative IPTV Solutions at TelcoTV 2007Monday, October 22nd, 2007
Features Demonstrations of Latest Generation HD and SD Compression, Advertisement Insertion, On-Demand Asset Preparation and Delivery Solutions
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — At TelcoTV 2007 booth #215, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will present a full range of versatile and innovative solutions for IP-based telco video delivery that enable a variety of advanced broadcast and on-demand services. TelcoTV is a leading North American exhibition and conference focused on video delivery, taking place in Atlanta from October 23-25.
Featured demonstrations include:
- High definition (HD) MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) video compressed at ultra-low bit-rates with the market-leading DiviCom® Electra™ 7000 encoder and the new, cost-effective DiviCom Ion™ AVC standard definition (SD) multichannel encoder.
- A comprehensive advertisement insertion solution that enables operators to insert locally spliced ads for broadcast services, server-based ads for on-demand programming, or individually targeted ads at the set-top box.
- The full MediaPrism™ suite of applications for on-demand asset preparation, Harmonic’s StreamLiner® video servers and Armada® intelligent asset management solution.
- The ProStream™ 1000 stream processing platform with ProCipher™ scrambling and bulk descrambling capabilities that enable a viable content aggregation business model.
“Harmonic offers a broad and powerful range of IP-based solutions for North American telco operators that want to increase revenues with advanced video services such as VOD, targeted advertisement insertion and HD,” said Thierry Fautier, Director of Telco Solutions for Harmonic Inc. “To date, more than 50 telcos in the United States and Canada have deployed our video-on-demand (VOD) or IP-based video delivery solutions. At TelcoTV we will feature our recently introduced Ion AVC multi-channel encoder, a cost-effective platform that is well suited for high quality local encoding in content aggregation networks.”
Harmonic works with leading ecosystem partners and system integrators around the world to provide telco operators with versatile and high performance IPTV solutions. In addition to the demonstrations at Harmonic’s booth, Harmonic’s digital video delivery solutions will be on display at Dascom Systems’ booth #925. Dascom is a leading system integrator for IPTV operators in the United States, for both headend deployments by telco operators and content aggregation services.
Harmonic will also participate in the TelcoTV technology conference. David Price, Vice President of Business Development and Marketing Communications, will moderate the “HD over DSL: Is It Feasible?” session on Wednesday, October 24 at 2:00 P.M. EDT.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution