M7 Group launches AustriaSat DTHThursday, September 16th, 2010
Luxembourg’s M7 Group will begin its AustriaSat digital satellite television service in Austria in October. As well as a dish and an approved set-top box, customers will need a smart card from ORF (Österreichischer Rundfunk), Austria’s national public service broadcaster, to receive the service.
The service will be on Astra at 19.2° East, and will initially consist of 14 channels. High-definition channels are expected to be added in 2011.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution