Horizon set-top box launches at UPC IrelandMonday, August 12th, 2013
UPC unveils a New Horizon for Irish TV
- Extraordinary new UPC Horizon TV provides HD channels as standard, recording for 4 shows at once, programme suggestions, TV to any screen & 100Mb Broadband
- All-in-one clever box
UPC, Ireland’s leading provider of TV entertainment, information and communications, has today launched its revolutionary new Horizon TV service to the Irish market. Horizon TV changes the boundaries of Irish television providing a range of exciting new services which will delight TV lovers using Horizon’s clever new set top box.
In April, UPC introduced its new Irish Horizon TV App and Horizon TV Online service, offering customers the unique access to 45 channels across multiple devices, addressing the growing viewership of TV content on PC’s, laptops, mobiles and tablets for free in-home.
Horizon TV brings Irish consumers closer to the TV they love with:
- 19 HD channels as standard – HD channels at no additional cost. This includes all the major HD broadcasters including RTE, TG4, Sky and the BBC
- Record up to four programmes at once and watch a fifth
- Programme suggestions for shows you might like based on your viewing
- Access your favourite TV across multiple devices (laptop, iPad and iPhone)
And Horizon contains all your services in one clever box:
- 100Mb broadband as standard as part of the Horizon Essential Bundle – faster than any other provider on the market
- All your TV, broadband and phone in one box
Speaking at the launch Mark Coan, Vice President Sales & Marketing of UPC Ireland said,
“When it comes to TV, UPC is Ireland’s leading innovator. Today we’re taking television to the next level with the introduction of Horizon TV.”
“UPC Horizon TV will completely transform consumers’ TV experience, by doing two extraordinary things, bringing Irish consumers closer to the TV they love in better and new ways, and putting all their services together in one clever box. These services combine to make a unique product which is unmatched by any other TV provider.”
The launch of Horizon TV has been enabled by UPC’s investment of over half a billion euro in its fibre powered network.
In addition Horizon also features:
- 27 Apps (on your TV!) from key local content players such as the Irish Times and Score.ie, as well as great Apps including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter.