Argentina's Pay TV subscribers up 7.3% in 2013

Tuesday, March 25th, 2014
LAMAC logo

According to the Latin American Multichannel Advertising Council (LAMAC), the number of pay TV subscribers in Argentina grew by 7.3%, or 666,800, in 2013 to reach 9,830,700 households at the end of the year.

76% of households receive their pay TV service via cable, with the remaining 24% having access via satellite.

LAMAC is a non-profit association comprised and financed by 49 Pay TV channels, representing the 6 industry leaders in Latin America (A&E OLE, Chello, Discovery, FOX, Sony and Turner).