SMK to show voice and gesture pay TV remotes at ABTA 2014Tuesday, August 5th, 2014
SMK Electronics to Unveil Voice- and Gesture-Based PayTV Remote Controls at ABTA 2014
- New PayTV Remotes Inexpensively Optimize User Control of VoD and OTT Programming, Controlling Multiple Set-Top Boxes with a Single Remote
SÃO PAULO — ABTA 2014 — SMK Electronics Corporation, U.S.A., a leading global manufacturer of remote controls and consumer electronics components, today announced that it will showcase a variety of advanced Pay TV remote control solutions during this week’s ABTA Expo & Conference, to be held August 5th-7th at the Transamérica Expo Center in São Paulo, Brazil.
“We are pleased to be unveiling several new Pay TV remote controls at ABTA,” said Paul Evans, President SMK Electronics Corporation. “Utilizing the latest wireless technologies, SMK remote controls offer exciting new options including Voice- and Gesture-Based interfaces—for easy navigation of content-rich services such as Video on Demand and Over the Top programming.
“Worldwide, SMK produces 70 million remote controls annually,” continued Mr. Evans. “Supported by eight ISO factories and thirty sales offices across South and North America, Europe and Asia, our remote control solutions are uniquely positioned to reduce development time and costs, while enriching subscriber engagement with emerging Pay TV products and services.”
Advanced Set-top Remote Controls
Remote control solutions from SMK Electronics can be configured to control multiple set top boxes with a single remote control. Producing a remote control that can serve as the image of your brand, solutions from SMK reduce development costs in the areas of logistics, call center, purchasing and engineering, while increasing subscriber satisfaction. The following options are available:
|Navigation and Control
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store