Hong Kong's ASTRI and China's SAPPRFT ABS set up joint UHD labWednesday, March 23rd, 2016
Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) and State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television (SAPPRFT), Academy of Broadcasting Science (ABS) Set up a Joint Laboratory
HONG KONG — Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute and State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television (SAPPRFT), Academy of Broadcasting Science (ABS) announced today ion Technology Joint Laboratory which focuses on research and development of ultra high-definition technology and upcoming video technology.
ASTRI’s CEO Dr. Frank Tong and Dean of SAPPRFT, ABS Mr. Zou Feng signed the cooperation agreement at the signing ceremony witnessed by ASTRI’s Chief Technology Officer Dr. Ieong Meikei, ASTRI’s Director, IC Design Digital of Mr. Li Yiu Kei, Director, TV Technology Research Institute, SAPPRFT, ABS Mr. Xie Wei and Deputy Director, TV Technology Research Institute, SAPPRFT, ABS Mr. Guo Xiao-qiang.
The establishment of the Joint Laboratory will bring along the following 3 advantages:
- Strengthening the cooperation between ASTRI and SAPPRFT, ABS on ultra high-definition and upcoming video technology.
- Facilitating the development of comprehensive strategic partnership in different professional areas between ASTRI and SAPPRFT, ABS.
- Strengthening the Beijing-Hong Kong cooperation in technological innovation to form a hub for exchanges among the R & D centres in Hong Kong and Beijing, nurturing talents and promoting technological entrepreneurship.
ASTRI’s CEO Dr. Frank Tong said at the signing ceremony, “We expect that the joint laboratory will further strengthen our collaboration on research and application on upcoming digital video technology and other areas, facilitate technology exchange and nurture of talents, thus expanding the scope of technological cooperation between Beijing and Hong Kong.”
Dean of SAPPRFT, ABS Mr. Zou Feng remarked, “The strong cooperation between SAPPRFT, ABS and ASTRI will contribute significantly to the broadcasting and TV industry of our country and of the world.”
It is expected that the joint laboratory will create huge market value in the joint development and application of ultra-high-definition and upcoming digital video technology for both parties.
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028