SAGE brings Nest intelligence, security and control to the TVThursday, May 5th, 2016
SAGE by Hughes Now Works with Nest
- SAGE Brings Nest Intelligence, Security and Control to the Television
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — EchoStar Technologies L.L.C., a subsidiary of EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) announced today that its new SAGE™ by Hughes™ security and smart home system now works with the Nest Cam security camera, the Nest Learning Thermostat and the Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarm. By working with Nest, SAGE can expand the lineup of options available to SAGE users and bring the intelligence and convenience of Nest products to the television—all from the comfort of the user’s couch.
From the TV, customers can change the temperature of their Nest Thermostat, view animated images when Nest Cam detects motion or sound and even monitor their Nest Protect. SAGE customers can also access their Nest devices through the SAGE mobile app on iOS™ and Android™ devices. The integration enhances the homeowner’s ability to manage and control what happens in and around their home.
SAGE is an easy-to-use, fully integrated, self-monitoring security and home automation solution that enables easy control of smart home devices and applications. Other unique benefits that SAGE provides to customers include:
- MyLocal911™ – Using SAGE’s unique security feature included with the Premium Service, customers at or away from home can directly call their local responders with the touch of a button.
- Customized Rules – Customers can set automatic rules incorporating the Nest camera, such as “If Nest Cam detects motion inside the home, turn on the lights.”
- Data Protection – SAGE protects customer information inside and outside of the home with multiple levels of integrated encryption and data security.
- Easy Self-Install – Wireless Nest devices connect effortlessly to the SAGE security and home automation hub.
“The ability to communicate with Nest products gives SAGE customers more options to customize their home to meet their security and smart home needs,” said Mark Jackson, president of EchoStar Technologies. “We are excited to partner with Nest by becoming an official reseller of its products through our SAGE store.”