MediaKind launches MediaFirst Client for legacy Mediaroom STBsThursday, September 6th, 2018
MediaFirst Client for Mediaroom launches to enable immersive viewing experiences on legacy STBs
- MediaFirst Client for Mediaroom launches to enable immersive viewing experiences on legacy STBs
- Unlocks converged multiscreen capabilities on Mediaroom Set Top Boxes (STBs)
- Zero-touch, in-field software upgrade elevates the consumer experience
- Launch customer confirmed for MediaFirst Client for Mediaroom
MediaKind, a media and entertainment technology leader, today announces it is launching MediaFirst Client for Mediaroom, a new solution that enables existing Mediaroom operators to upgrade to the MediaFirst TV Platform. Mediaroom is the market leading IPTV platform with more than 40 million STBs deployed worldwide.
The introduction of MediaFirst Client with a cloud-based SaaS platform enables current Mediaroom operators to deliver a converged multiscreen experience and respond to the fast-paced nature of the video delivery market. MediaFirst provides the economics, agility, and innovation at web speed using the latest cloud technologies, Continuous Delivery, and DevOps.
By drawing upon the quality and robustness of the existing Mediaroom platform and merging it with the next-generation UI/UX and speed of the MediaFirst Cloud Platform, TV operators can now deliver even more compelling, immersive media experiences and increase monetization. Industry research estimates that a content-centric experience can increase the ARPU up to 30%.
The MediaFirst Client enables Mediaroom operators to re-use their deployed STB hardware. This removes the need to provide additional hardware, delivery, and customer support, which can cost in excess of $150 USD per STB replacement. Through a simple software upgrade to this new client, operators can deliver a converged multiscreen experience, which includes Pay TV in-home, TV Everywhere and over-the-top (OTT) services. The MediaFirst TV Platform unifies the consumer experience between the different devices without any additional integration effort.
Gowton Achaibar, COO and Head of R&D, MediaKind says: “In this new media age, viewers are constantly seeking more immersive and personalized ways to experience the media content that enriches their lives. For TV providers with legacy STBs, the challenge has always been how to evolve their offering and provide the rich content experiences that consumers expect today, across all their devices. With MediaFirst Client for Mediaroom we have created a simple way for our Mediaroom customers to make this transition and gain the benefits of the MediaFirst TV Platform, with minimal disruption to existing subscriber bases.”
The combination of the MediaFirst Client for Mediaroom and the MediaFirst TV Platform provides operators with significant infrastructure cost reductions, improved operational efficiencies, and greater visibility into the usage of the TV Platform. The new client provides consumers with a choice of continuing with the current familiar experience or taking the plunge to a new, immersive user interface.
Consumers will also benefit from modern media features such as:
- Personalized Content: Addresses content discovery challenge and enables consumers to find content on their own terms.
- MediaFirst provides quick access to the consumer’s own content, as well as providing recommendations across all sources and genres.
- Advanced Analytics: Enables operators to monetize through smart promotions, engage consumers with A/B testing, and provide insights for pre-emptive operational needs.
- Voice Control: Provides consumers with new ways to find content and engage with the TV experience with ease through voice enabled remotes, smart speakers and smartphones.
- External Apps: Supports 3PP integrations (such as Netflix and YouTube) to expand the consumer’s experience on the platform.
Several Mediaroom operators already have the client in their labs, plan to launch friendly user trials and bring the new client to their markets soon. The first MediaFirst Client for Mediaroom customer is set to roll out its service in 2019.