beIN MEDIA announces satellite migration to EutelsatTuesday, December 18th, 2018
beIN MEDIA GROUP Announces Satellite Migration to Eutelsat
beIN MEDIA GROUP, the home of sports and entertainment in the MENA region has announced that it is migrating its transponder capacity from Nilesat over to Eutelsat 8 degrees West. This move comes as part of beIN’s commitment to providing its viewers and fans with the best possible technology and uninterrupted coverage in satellite TV broadcasting.
Starting from the 15th of December until the 31st of December, beIN subscribers can watch content on all the available frequencies. After the 31st of December, subscribers will need to ensure their set top boxes are reconfigured to avoid any interruptions.
- beIN SPORTS channels HD1, HD2, HD3, HD4, HD2 MAX and HD3 MAX will now be available on Frequency MHz 11013.
- beIN SPORTS channels HD, HD5, HD6, HD7, HD8 and HD9 will be available on Frequency MHz 11054.
- beIN SPORTS channels beIN News, HD10, HD1 MAX and HD4 MAX will be available on Frequency MHz 12604.
The switch of satellites provides an increase in platform security and control, and improved resilience overall. These efforts were made to ensure beIN MEDIA GROUP can continue to provide its viewers and fans with its unrivalled library of entertainment, live sport action and major international events in the highest standards available across all its platforms.
The majority of set top boxes will be reconfigured automatically.
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution