Amobee integrates Nielsen’s Enterprise Audience APIWednesday, February 20th, 2019
Amobee Announces Integration of Nielsen Data Allowing Advertisers to Plan Across TV and Digital Using Single Audience
- Agreement Brings New Level of Strategic Audience Activation to TV and Digital Convergence
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. & SINGAPORE — Amobee, a global digital advertising technology company, today announced an agreement with Nielsen—the global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets—to power the convergence of TV and digital for brands and agencies in the United States.
The collaboration provides Amobee with access to Nielsen’s television viewing and online media consumption data, which can be harnessed to create and activate strategic audiences across linear and connected TV, digital video, and other programmatic media. Amobee is among the first platforms to integrate Nielsen’s Enterprise Audience API. The API effectively measures the delivery of strategic audiences on TV, allowing users to create optimized media buys.
By leveraging Nielsen’s TV and online media consumption data within its platform, Amobee can help advertisers:
- Plan, buy and measure the same audience across TV and digital
- Plan and buy TV campaigns based on digital data insights applied to TV audiences
- Understand the contribution of each channel to the overall reach and business results of cross screen campaigns
“Consumers are moving seamlessly between screens and devices and the technology needs to follow them, from linear TV to digital,” says Aleck Schleider, Senior Vice President of Client and Data Strategy at Amobee. “Amobee’s agreement with Nielsen helps further solve the challenges of fragmentation and applies the right data in the right places across the TV and digital ecosystem; we’re working to help marketers develop elevated and scaled omnichannel strategies that are guided by deep analytical insights to reach consumers and achieve their business goals.”
In addition to driving the efficiency of TV campaigns through more precise, data-driven ad decisioning, Amobee’s integration with Nielsen can help marketers overcome some of their most significant marketing challenges, including:
- Increase the reach of a TV campaign by reaching unexposed audiences across connected TV and digital video
- Calculate duplication and manage frequency across linear TV, connected TV, digital video, mobile and other programmatic media
- Link TV and video campaign performance to specific advertiser KPIs, including online behaviors and offline sales
- Understand the TV viewing habits of their best customers
“With Amobee’s integration of Nielsen data, marketers now have the ability to leverage rich data for advertising across TV and digital, allowing them to marry the precision associated with digital video with the power and scale of TV,” says Jessica Hogue, Senior Vice President of Digital Solutions at Nielsen. “This opens up opportunities beyond age and gender-based buys as well as greater monetization for the industry at large.”
“Amobee has been an important strategic partner for our cross-screen media and attribution strategies, and their unique capabilities have been key to Travelocity’s efforts to understand how TV and digital media work together,” says Bruce Horner, Head of Media and Alliances at Travelocity. “Amobee’s data integrations and technology provide deep, one-of-a-kind insights that inform our strategies and are an important ingredient in our ability to measure the impact of our media investments.”
With the addition of Videology’s leading technology, Amobee provides agencies, brands and programmers with advanced TV and cross channel planning capabilities that reach strategic audiences at the top of the marketing funnel. Through the application of data, Amobee bridges TV and digital advertising to help marketers more efficiently activate media buying across screens and devices and help broadcasters and brands manage the new business and technical complexities they face in an addressable, converging world.
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi