LG rolls out Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit in the U.S.Tuesday, July 30th, 2019
LG Rolls Out Apple AirPlay 2 In U.S. On 2019 LG OLED, LG NanoCell 4K UHD TVs
- Play Content Directly from Apple Devices and Effortlessly Control TV and Connected Smart Devices with Voice
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. — LG Electronics USA announced that Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit are now available through a firmware update on select LG OLED and NanoCell* 4K UHD TVs with ThinQ AI capability in the United States. LG is the first global TV manufacturer to support HomeKit. The remaining 4K UHD TV series in LG’s lineup are expected to also receive this update later in 2019.
With AirPlay 2, LG 2019 AI TV owners can effortlessly stream content – including Dolby Vision titles – from iPhone, iPad and Mac straight to their TV sets. Users can stream their favorite movies and television shows from the Apple TV app and other video apps as well as view photos directly on their LG AI TVs. Users can also play Apple Podcasts, Apple Music and music from their library or other streaming services through their LG AI TV and other AirPlay 2-compatible speakers in their home at the same time – all in sync.
HomeKit enables users to conveniently control their smart home with the Home app or via Siri on their Apple devices. LG AI TVs can be easily added to the Home app, from which users can access basic TV functions such as power, volume and source. LG AI TVs can also be added to scenes or automations along with other HomeKit accessories.
* Except the SM8100 series.
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution