Deutsche Telekom and RTL to expand addressable TV cooperationTuesday, November 17th, 2020
Deutsche Telekom and Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland extend their cooperation
COLOGNE/BONN — Deutsche Telekom and RTL Group’s largest business unit, Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland, today announced to systematically extend their cooperation.
Initially, the partners will integrate the RTL streaming service TV Now Premium in Deutsche Telekom’s TV offer, Magenta TV. As of today, the price plans Magenta TV Smart and Magenta TV Smart Flex will automatically include TV Now Premium without any additional fee for customers. Bundling TV Now Premium and Magenta TV in one subscription gives viewers access to more than 60,000 hours of programming across all genres – from award-winning drama series and entertainment shows, to news, documentaries and live sport.
Deutsche Telekom and Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland have also agreed to increase cooperation in advertising technology, advertising sales and content. Both companies will place a special focus on addressable TV, combining the high reach of linear TV with the targeting solutions of digital advertising. The first tests in 2021 will be based on RTL Group’s ad-tech solutions, Smartclip and Yospace, and will be open for additional partners from the media and TV industry. In Germany alone, the market for addressable TV advertising is expected to grow to more than €500 million by 2025.
Links: Mediengruppe RTL; Deutsche Telekom
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027