FreeWheel advertising technology for Redbox's free streaming serviceMonday, October 4th, 2021
Redbox Partners With Comcast’s FreeWheel to Bring Advertising Technology to Its Free Streaming Platform
- Technology integration will allow advertisers to easily buy ads across Redbox streaming services including Ad Supported Video on Demand (AVOD) and FAST (Free Ad Supported Television) channels
CHICAGO — Redbox, a leading entertainment company, today announced it will partner with FreeWheel, a Comcast Company that provides global technology solutions for the future of television advertising, to integrate programmatic technology across Redbox’s free streaming platforms. Through this technology, advertisers will be able to easily access and buy Redbox inventory – both nationally and locally— and target specific audiences.
Redbox offers two free streaming options – Ad Supported Video on Demand (AVOD) which contains thousands of free movies, and FAST (Free Ad Supported Television), which has over 100 free channels. The company has been rapidly expanding both areas through content deals with studios and networks. As Redbox focuses on continuing to expand to local markets nationwide, FreeWheel’s partnership across the ecosystem will enable advertisers, demand side platforms (DSPs), and buyside systems to easily access Redbox inventory with scale and simplicity.
“Redbox selected FreeWheel for a number of reasons, including its unique industry approach to programmatic technology,” said Jason Kwong, Chief Strategy and Digital Officer, Redbox. “As we continue to ramp efforts in the free streaming space, we knew FreeWheel would accelerate our advertising capabilities and allow advertisers to easily micro-target viewers across all our streaming platforms. We’re excited to partner with them and to further grow our business.”
“Redbox has put a lot of focus on their growing advertising business, and with that comes the need to monetize their vast amount of inventory,” said Dave Clark, General Manager, FreeWheel. “We are thrilled to be working with the team at Redbox to scale their national advertising footprint across local markets, as well as facilitating unique local demand in ways that work best for their business. As FreeWheel continues to expand our focus and enable better connection across the ecosystem, Redbox is an ideal partner.”
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement