Famobi and ACCESS deliver connected in-car gaming experienceMonday, November 7th, 2022
FAMOBI and ACCESS forge partnership to deliver the connected in-car gaming experience
- The partnership will harness ACCESS Twine™ for Car platform to enable operators to unlock high-quality content with the latest IVI technology.
COLOGNE and OBERHAUSEN, Germany — ACCESS Europe GmbH today announces the partnership with Famobi, a leading developer and publisher of highly polished HTML5 games, further extending the variety of in-car entertainment. The partnership enables automotive OEMs to deliver games from an extensive library of over 100 titles, including new and classic games such as Solitaire, Mahjong, and Bubble Shooter, through ACCESS Twine™ for Car (Twine4Car).
“We are delighted to start our partnership with Famobi and to help car OEMs provide their customers with a unique experience from their extensive library of games,” says Masahiro Aono, CEO, ACCESS Europe. “Whether you’re resting, or your car is charging, casual gaming is the perfect fit to unwind before setting off again. With Famobi providing one of the industry’s highest-quality and most diverse gaming catalogues, we are confident that this partnership will make great strides in cementing in-car gaming as a must-have addition for in-car entertainment.”
Famobi is a pioneer of HTML5 games, providing OEMs with complete flexibility through HTML5 and APK formats. Famobi’s continuous innovation made it one of the first companies to make fully responsive games, text-free games, 3D HTML5 games, and classic games in HTML5. The partnership with ACCESS enables Famobi to extend its footprint in the automotive sector.
Ilker Aydin, CEO at Famobi, added: “As connected in-vehicle entertainment takes off, the in-car user gaming experience can be a key element as OEMs move beyond audio. The combination of our broad selection of optimised HTML5 games the ACCESS Twine4Car platform enables automotive manufacturers to quickly and simply introduce gaming to in-car experiences, with the ability to offer a continuously refreshed catalogue to delight their customers.”
The Twine4Car Platform and App Store enables app developers to broaden their reach into the emerging in-car entertainment industry and deliver services quickly and efficiently with minimal effort due to support for both APKs and HTML5-based apps. ACCESS’ innovative Twine4Car system is a unique content aggregation platform that brings together the latest in IVI technology and premium content for the first time in an OEM-branded interface. Partnering with Famobi supports the ACCESS vision of bringing the widest choice of services to OEMs and car owners.
As the next generation of IVI platforms are deployed, OEMs need more than just audio services and navigation. Video services are difficult to license and certify, and games will always be a “go-to” for a busy family or drivers wishing to relax when their car is charging. Twine4Car acts as a central hub for all in-vehicle services and brings content from global media partners, providing a wide range of apps, TV services, and VOD offerings for automotive OEMs. It is a flexible solution that will work on any OS, including Android, Linux, and QNX-based systems, and full supports digital rights management (DRM) to enable premium video services. Other features in Twine4Car include:
- Twine App Store: A dedicated hybrid in-car app store (HTML5 and native) enables OEMs to make a wide selection of apps available to drivers and passengers within their own branded in-car platform.
- Native Android app support: Allows the seamless integration of native applications, creating an immersive user experience via the OEM-branded IVI interface. This enables OEMs to fully control the services and create an ideal UX for native apps and embedded or API-based services.
- Sync Play: Enables multiple devices to synchronize playback, allowing passengers to enjoy content on the screen in front of them at the same time as others in the car.
- Parental/Remote Control: Along with content-related control from any screen in the vehicle, Twine4Car can put parents in charge of the type and length of content consumed by their children.
Links: ACCESS Europe; Famobi
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store