Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solutionTuesday, March 21st, 2023
Ateme Launches Audience-Aware Streaming Solution to Help Operators Address Sustainability Targets
- Audience-aware streaming enables operators to reduce environmental impact and increase QoE
- Analytics feedback loop from CDN to encoder optimizes operational costs
- Green end-to-end solution eliminates wasted carbon emissions from video streaming
PARIS, France — Ateme, a global leader in video compression and delivery solutions, is announcing the launch of its end-to-end Audience-Aware Streaming solution to enable service providers to deliver more sustainable streaming while optimizing the quality of experience. The combination of audience-aware encoding and audience-aware elastic CDN results in a powerful tool for optimizing resources to reduce energy consumption while increasing Quality of Experience.
Ateme’s Audience-Aware Streaming solution addresses two key concerns of the streaming industry: optimizing Quality of Experience (QoE) and minimizing carbon emissions from video streaming.
Taking a global, end-to-end view of the streaming workflow, the solution creates a virtuous feedback loop between the Content Delivery Network (CDN) and the encoders. Instead of locking wasteful power consumption into the streaming pipeline by creating the same set of numerous profiles* for every type of content, Ateme’s solution dynamically connects the CDN data with the encoder to adapt to viewing requirements and optimize the profiles – thereby reducing bitrate, saving resources, and lowering the total cost of ownership. While delivering on viewers’ service expectations around video quality, Audience-Aware Streaming also enables operators to reduce their overall environmental impact.
Dan Patton, VP of Content Delivery at Ateme, said, “In a competitive and fragmented market, service providers need to optimize viewers’ QoE, while also addressing the need to reduce power consumption to meet CSR policies. Going beyond optimizing single steps in the video workflow, Audience-Aware Streaming brings a new, end-to-end approach to making video delivery more efficient, so service providers can meet all these needs.”
* Profiles: In OTT platforms, video is encoded into a range of different bitrates called “profiles.” The most appropriate profile is sent to the viewer depending on the device and traffic conditions at the time of request.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store