AT&T U-verse Completes Rollout of Total Home DVRTuesday, November 11th, 2008
Most Recent Launches in Ten Areas Means Latest Enhancement Is Now Available to Every U-verse DVR Customer
DALLAS, Texas — AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced the completion of its AT&T U-verseSM Total Home DVR rollout, well ahead of schedule. Customers in every market where U-verse services are available now have access to Total Home DVR, which gives U-verse TV customers the freedom to play back Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) recorded programs from a single DVR on any connected TV in the home, at no additional charge. Total Home DVR is unmatched by any cable provider and has met positive response from customers since being introduced in September.
Completing the rollout, ten new areas launched Total Home DVR today: Bakersfield, Dayton, Green Bay, Jacksonville, Little Rock, Miami, South Bend, Tulsa, West Palm Beach and Wichita.
AT&T U-verse TV is available in 69 markets. AT&T U-verse TV ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in the North Central, South, and West Regions,” according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Residential Television Service Provider Satisfaction StudySM.
“Now all of our AT&T U-verse customers across the country have more flexibility and more control over how they watch their favorite shows,” said Jeff Weber, AT&T vice president of video products. “Our 100-percent Internet Protocol (IP) network allowed us to roll out this advanced DVR to customers quickly and easily, just as we’ve done with the many other features and applications we’ve added to U-verse TV. It shows how we’re able to constantly evolve U-verse TV to deliver new services that meet customers’ needs.”
AT&T U-verse Total Home DVR customers can:
- Watch HD and SD DVR recordings on other connected TVs in the home. In addition to your DVR, you can access, play, pause, rewind and fast forward any recorded SD or HD program on up to seven additional U-verse-connected TVs. All U-verse DVRs and receivers are HD-capable.
- Pause a recorded show and pick up where you left off in another room.
- Play back multiple, independent viewings of the same recorded show on different TVs.
- Play back up to four recorded shows at once. Up to three can be HD recorded programs.
- Watch up to five HD programs simultaneously throughout the home, including two live HD programs and three recorded HD programs.
- Record more of the show you want to see with soft padding, which automatically adds 1 minute to the beginning and 2 minutes to the end of each pre-scheduled recording.
- Organize recorded content by series. Series recordings will be grouped as a single heading in the recorded TV menu, making it easier for customers to manage and select their recorded programs.
- Store up to 37 hours of HD content or up to 133 hours of SD content, which is more storage than most cable providers’ DVRs.
- Record up to four programs at once on a single DVR — another feature that is exclusive to AT&T U-verse TV.
- Set the DVR while on the go from your PC or wireless phone. With AT&T Yahoo!® Web and Mobile Remote Access to DVR, you can schedule recordings from any Web-connected PC or compatible mobile phone (wireless service charges apply) by using your AT&T High Speed Internet account.
Using IP technology, Total Home DVR capabilities have been seamlessly provided to existing customers’ DVRs without the need to swap their current equipment. The U-verse network architecture and IPTV service allowed Total Home DVR functionality to be enabled by a software update, without any action or hassle for existing customers.
AT&T’s U-verse deployment is rapidly introducing competitive choice and next-generation services to more consumers. AT&T U-verse customers enjoy quadruple-play integration, enhanced features and greater value, all made possible by IP technology.