Zoran Demonstrates New HDTV, Set-Top Box, Digital Camera, HD DVD, Multimedia Mobile Phone, Printer and Connected Technologies at CES 2009Tuesday, January 6th, 2009
CEO Dr. Levy Gerzberg to Discuss “Big Thinkers and Disruptive Technologies” on Friday’s SuperSession Panel
LAS VEGAS, Nevada — Zoran Corporation (Nasdaq: ZRAN) announced it is demonstrating its newest digital entertainment and digital imaging platforms and technologies for consumer electronics manufacturers at CES 2009 opening in Las Vegas Thursday.
In addition, President and CEO Dr. Levy Gerzberg will participate in the SuperSession panel “Big Thinkers and Disruptive Technologies – Today’s Thought Leaders, Tomorrow’s Technologies” discussion scheduled for January 9 from 1:30 to 2:30 pm in North Hall, Room N255-257.
The panel, moderated by Tim Bajarin, president and CEO Creative Strategies, will also include Ken Wirt, VP Consumer Products, Cisco; Eli Harari, CEO SanDisk; Jason Young, CEO Ziff Davis Media; and Dave Habiger, CEO Sonic Solutions.
“We look forward to hearing from Dr. Gerzberg about disruptive technologies and especially his views concerning the impact of persistent connectivity on digital devices once they can all connect to each other and the internet anytime and anywhere a person happens to be. People want all types of video and audio content delivered to them in real time. This type of ubiquitous connection is a disruptive technology to watch,” said Mr. Bajarin.
Zoran’s new product and technology demonstrations at CES 2009 include the following:
- SupraHD® high definition television designs for mainstream retail markets in North America, Europe and Asia, offering improved picture quality and cost-effective performance over competitive SOC solutions.
- New COACH-based digital camera designs for the next generation of digital still and digital video cameras from major camera brands
- VaddisHD™ High Definition Multimedia Processor platforms supporting Blu-Ray, HQ-DVD and TVMM DVD players, TVs and portable players
- SupraXD® system solutions for selected Pay-satellite and IPTV set top box markets in Asia, Europe and North America
- SupraHD®-based converter boxes under multiple brands that support the U.S. conversion to digital broadcasts in February 2009
- APPROACH® multimedia processor-based multimedia camera phones, including LG’s Viewty, Secret and Renoir models
- New Quatro®-based platforms for All-in-one color laser printers and connected mobile printing
Meetings with Zoran are by appointment in North Hall room N108 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.