Digital TV News: CableLabs
Broadcom announces high-definition cable digital-transport adapter SoC
Mar 11, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a high definition (HD) cable digital-transport adapter (DTA) system-on-a-chip (SoC) with integrated Full-Band Capture technology. The BCM7576 enables North American cable operators to provide enhanced basic digital HD services.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
CableLabs launches NetworkFX global trust management company
Nov 5, 2012 — CableLabs® has announced the launch of its NetworkFX™ subsidiary. Built on years of management of the cable industry's public key infrastructure (PKI), NetworkFX is an online trust management company that enables secure broadband connections for networked devices.
News categories: CableLabs, NetworkFX, Cable TV, Content Protection, OTT
Zenverge Content Networking IC Enables TiVo® Stream to Revolutionize Multiroom DVRs
Sep 6, 2012 — Zenverge has announced that its ZN200 quad HD content networking SOC powers the TiVo® (NASDAQ: TIVO) Stream, a transcoding platform that connects TiVo Premiere multiroom digital video recorders (DVRs) with other IP-connected devices.
News categories: Zenverge, TiVo Inc, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IBC, Personal Video Recorder, Placeshifting, Semiconductor
TiVo Launches TiVo Stream, Enabling Subscribers to Watch Recordings on Their iPads
Sep 6, 2012 — TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of TiVo® Stream, an accessory allowing TiVo® Premiere DVR users to watch recordings on their iPads or stream shows and DVR content to their iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch® without interrupting normal TV viewing.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Apps, Digital TV, Home Networking, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Motorola Mobility Licenses Comcast RDK to Expedite Next-Gen Video Services
Aug 22, 2012 — Motorola Mobility (NASDAQ:GOOG) has announced that it is licensing the Reference Design Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) to improve the development cycle for tru2way®, IP and hybrid set-top boxes and video gateways.
News categories: Motorola, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, OCAP, Set Top Box, USA
Entropic demonstrates HTML5 streaming at CableLabs Summer Conference
Aug 6, 2012 — At CableLabs Summer Conference 2012, Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) demonstrated the ability to run HTML5 consumer applications from an Entropic-based set-top box over an Entropic-powered MoCA® 2.0 (Multimedia over Coax) home network.
News categories: Entropic, Cable TV, Middleware, MoCA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SeaChange to Demonstrate Nucleus Soft Box at CableLabs Summer Conference
Aug 6, 2012 — SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) is demonstrating its Nucleus soft box gateway at CableLabs® Summer Conference 2012. The Nucleus soft box is software that enables cable operators’ transition from QAM to IP video.
News categories: SeaChange, Cable TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
S3 Group Helps Operators Deliver on the Promise of Multi-Screen TV
Aug 1, 2012 — S3 Group will be at IBC. Demonstrations will cover the TV platform lifecycle from requirements development through to device screening and will include some of the more recent advances in the StormTest® Development Center.
News categories: S3 Group, IBC
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results