Digital TV News: D-Link
Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
May 20, 2013 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. According to the report, the home networking device market totaled $4.9 billion in the second half of 2012 (2H12), a 5% increase over the first half of 2012 (1H12).
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, MoCA, Set Top Box
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 — According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
DOCSIS 3.0 Boosts Broadband CPE Market
Jul 18, 2012 — Infonetics Research has released its first quarter (1Q12) Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. The battle between Huawei and ZTE for overall broadband CPE revenue share continues: Huawei took back the top spot in 1Q12, slightly edging out ZTE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router
North America Is Home Networking Leader, Thanks to MoCA
Jun 25, 2012 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. MoCA embedded set-top boxes (STBs), FTTB ONTs, coax-Ethernet adapters, and WiFi broadband routers are driving growth in the home networking device market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IPTV, Market Research, MoCA, Router, Set Top Box
Azuki Systems Partners with D-Link to Bring OTT Content to Multi-Screens
May 18, 2012 — Azuki Systems has announced that D-Link’s new companion set-top-box (STB) embedded with the Azuki Media Client allows cable TV operators to offer customers access to over-the-top content in their living rooms via multi-screens and home TV sets.
News categories: D-Link, Azuki Systems, Cable TV, China, Japan, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Taiwan, The Cable Show
Video Infrastructure Market Tops $800 Million in 2011; Set-Top Boxes Get Cheaper
Apr 18, 2012 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recently published video equipment reports 'Video-on-Demand (VOD) and Encoder Equipment and Video Subscribers' and 'Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers'.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Home Server, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
D-Link Ushers in New Era of Wi-Fi with 802.11ac Technology Support
Jan 10, 2012 — D-Link (Taipei:2332) has announced its support of the next-generation Wi-Fi standard 802.11ac, to deliver gigabit wireless speeds, higher capacity and broader coverage to home networks.
News categories: D-Link, CES, Home Networking, Wireless
Broadband CPE and Home Networking Vendors Make Push towards Premium Services
Dec 19, 2011 — Infonetics has released vendor market share standings and market forecasts from two third quarter (3Q11) broadband access reports. Despite a 7% worldwide decline in cable CPE revenue, Motorola (NYSE: MMI) held on to the top spot in cable CPE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Gateway, Home Networking, HomePlug, IPTV, Market Research, MoCA, Router, VDSL
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results