Digital TV News: Hisense
Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
Dec 4, 2013 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced a Full HD media processor, the ARMADA® 1500 Plus system-on-chip (SoC), designed for smart video products based on Android JellyBean 4.2.2. Hisense is to use the SoC in TV Products supporting Google Services for Smart TVs.
News categories: Marvell, Hisense, Weili Dai, Vincent Dureau, Charlie Wang, Digital TV, ICs, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TV semiconductor market growing despite decline in TV shipments
Oct 9, 2013 – Despite a drop in global television unit demand in 2013, the semiconductor market for TVs is forecast to increase by an estimated 7% to $13.1 billion, according to data presented in IC Insights’ upcoming IC Market Drivers 2014 report.
News categories: IC Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Opera TV Snap triggers 100 Smart TV apps in record time
Sep 11, 2013 – Opera TV Snap has caused a boom in the number of Smart TV apps. In the two months since launch, with Dailymotion as its first partner, over 100 TV apps have been submitted by Dailymotion content partners using Opera TV Snap.
News categories: Opera Software, Dailymotion, Apps, IBCShow, OTT, Smart TV
Opera TV Store lands on Hisense Smart TVs
Sep 9, 2013 – Opera Software and Hisense have announced that the Opera TV Store has now launched on selected models of Hisense Smart TVs, extending the partnership between Opera and Hisense and bringing exciting new apps to TV viewers.
News categories: Opera Software, Hisense, Apps, Digital TV, IFA2013, Middleware, Smart TV
Hillcrest motion, gesture and cursor control for Hisense smart TVs and set-tops
Sep 4, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs and Hisense have announced a strategic partnership by which Hisense will deploy Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control software in its next-generation of Smart TVs and Pulse set-top boxes.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Espial introduces new version of Espial TV Browser
Aug 14, 2013 – Espial has announced the latest version of its Espial TV Browser. The new version includes picture-in-application, support for live TV tuners embedded in HTML5 apps, intelligent remote control mapping, and support for video trick modes in any HTML5 app.
News categories: Espial, Middleware, OTT
Hisense, Loewe establish strategic cooperation
Aug 6, 2013 – Loewe has announced that Hisense will provide the company with the latest TV panel and smart TV software technology in a move to assist it in expanding in the premium TV market. In turn, Loewe will offer Hisense a distribution network in Western Europe.
News categories: Loewe, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Samsung leads with 26% of Smart TV market in Q1 2013
Jul 24, 2013 – According to Strategy Analytics, Samsung continues to hold the largest market share of global Smart TV shipments, occupying 26 percent of the market, as vendors attempt to combat falling ASPs of flat panel TVs by adding premium features.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal