Digital TV News: Hisense
Hisense Launches the World's Fastest Smart TV
Apr 18, 2013 — With the introduction of VIDAA, a stunningly simple, elegant, yet immensely powerful User Interface (UI) for Smart TV, Hisense is providing easy, intuitive operation of advanced Smart TV features and functionality.
News categories: Hisense, Jamdeo, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
4K×2K LCD TV Panel Shipments Expected to Reach 2.6M in 2013
Mar 14, 2013 — According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Large Area TFT Panel Shipment Report, TFT LCD panel suppliers are forecast to ship 2.6 million 4K×2K LCD TV panels (also known as Ultra HD) worldwide in 2013, up more than 40-fold from 63 thousand in 2012.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Hisense and PacketVideo Partner to Bring Twonky-Enabled Connected TVs to the Global Market
Jan 8, 2013 — PacketVideo has announced that its Twonky software has been selected by Hisense for use in its Google TV products and select Linux connected TVs. Twonky allows users to play content from any device in their local network, or use their mobile phone or tablet to control the TV.
News categories: PacketVideo, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Marvell and Hisense Introduce Smart TVs and Set-top Boxes with Google TV
Jan 8, 2013 — Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced that its ARMADA®1500 series System-on-Chip (88DE3100) is at the core of new Google TV products from Hisense, including the Hisense Pulse and the XT780 Smart TV series.
News categories: Marvell, Hisense, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Hisense Integrates Flingo Samba to Automatically Identify and Enhance Live TV Programs
Jan 4, 2013 — Hisense has announced the integration of Flingo's Samba interactive TV platform into its Smart TVs. Samba identifies live TV shows, recommends related online videos, and aggregates real-time information including social media discussions about the TV program currently playing.
News categories: Flingo, Hisense, Apps, CES, Smart TV
One Hundred Million Smart TVs Now In Use Worldwide
Jan 3, 2013 — According to new research from Strategy Analytics, by the end of 2012, the global installed base of smart TVs had reached 104 million. In leading markets like the US household penetration now exceeds 20 percent.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Hisense Deploys Espial TV Browser in Japan
Oct 31, 2012 — Espial (TSX:ESP) has announced that the Espial TV Browser has been integrated with Hisense (600060.SH) TVs. The Espial TV Browser will initially be deployed on a variety of Hisense TV models in Japan to provide, among other features, support for the country's BML standard.
News categories: Espial, Hisense, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Smart TV
4K Televisions to See Marginal Share of LCD-TV Market Through 2017
Oct 4, 2012 — Despite some high-profile product introductions, consumer demand for televisions with the ultra-high-definition 4K resolution will remain negligible for the foreseeable future according to IHS iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, Digital TV, LCD TV, Market Research, Smart TV
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results