Digital TV News: SecureMedia
Blockbuster On Demand Using Content Security from Motorola Medios+
Jan 7, 2013 – Motorola Mobility has announced that Blockbuster On Demand has selected SecureMedia Encryptonite ONE™ HLS+ from its Motorola Medios+ platform to secure its over-the-top (OTT) service.
News categories: Motorola, Blockbuster, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Orange Slovakia extends services with Interactive TV and Mobile Apps
Oct 18, 2012 – nangu.TV has announced that Orange Slovensko is using its nangu.TV Media Platform for IPTV and OTT delivery. nangu.TV worked in cooperation with iP4.tv on the development of hybrid STBs, specifically for the Orange implementation.
News categories: nangu.TV, Orange, Apps, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
Massillon Cable Selects Motorola Medios SecureMedia® for Multi-Device Content Delivery
Oct 11, 2012 – Independent cable innovator, Massillon Cable, based in Ohio, USA, has selected Medios SecureMedia® Encryptonite ONE™ HLS+ from Motorola Mobility to securely deliver its premium content across devices such as smartphones and tablets.
News categories: SecureMedia, Massillon Cable, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, SCTE, TV Everywhere, USA
Motorola Presents the Future of the IP Connected Home at IBC2012
Sep 7, 2012 – At IBC, Motorola (NASDAQ:GOOG) is launching new IP and cable set-top technology designed to meet consumer demand for multi-screen, over-the-top (OTT) and time shift TV, while reducing energy use and maintenance.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, IBCShow, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
New Motorola Mobility Set-Tops Power the Evolution of TV
Sep 7, 2012 – Motorola (NASDAQ:GOOG) has announced the launch of ten new models designed to give service providers in EMEA smarter, more energy-efficient options for delivering entertainment - including entertainment everywhere, OTT, time-shift TV, gaming and more.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, IBCShow, IPTV, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
Verizon Selects Motorola Medios Content Security for FiOS Flex View
Sep 6, 2012 – Verizon (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has selected Motorola Mobility (NASDAQ:GOOG) as a key DRM supplier to secure its FiOS Flex View multi-screen content service using Motorola's SecureMedia® Encryptonite ONE™ HLS+.
News categories: Motorola, Verizon, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, IPTV, TV Everywhere, USA
ABOX42 showcases KabelKiosk HbbTV STB at ANGA Cable 2012
Jun 12, 2012 – ABOX42 has announced that it is showing its 'B12' OTT STB at ANGA Cable 2012 running 'KabelKiosk Choice' from Eutelsat. ABOX42 is promoting the system as a companion service for integration by operators with their existing cable service.
News categories: ABOX42, Eutelsat, ANGA COM, Cable TV, HbbTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Motorola Mobility Showcases the Evolution of TV and a Smart, Simple Connected Home at The Cable Show 2012
May 18, 2012 – Motorola's (NYSE: MMI) mix of smart software, network and in-home technologies will be on display in a Living Room setting, demonstrating how the company is further empowering service providers to deliver on the promise of the IP Connected Home of the Future.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, Content Protection, Home Networking, Infrastructure, Middleware, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)