Digital TV News: Google
More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
May 16, 2013 — The European Audiovisual Observatory has just taken stock of on-demand audiovisual services on the occasion of the Cannes Film Market. These data are available in the MAVISE database, which has now been expanded to cover on-demand audiovisual services in Europe.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Europe, Market Research
Mongolia's SkyC&C deploys Minerva iTVFusion
Apr 8, 2013 — Minerva Networks has announced that SkyC&C, the largest broadband service provider in Mongolia, has deployed Minerva's iTVFusion to offer TV services within the region. The Minerva platform will enable SkyC&C to offer pay TV over its broadband and mobile networks.
News categories: Minerva Networks, SkyC&C, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Mongolia, TV Everywhere
Motorola to demonstrate real-time HD HEVC encoding and decoding at NABShow
Apr 5, 2013 — At the 2013 NAB Show, Motorola will continue its history of innovation with its first ever real-time HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) encoding and decoding demonstration at its exhibit space, booth # SU2017.
News categories: Motorola, Broadcasting, Infrastructure, NABShow
Antik to unveil details of Android-powered home gateway at TV Connect
Mar 18, 2013 — Antik Technology has unveiled details of its forthcoming Android home gateway, Juice Extreme II. The gateway uses STMicroelectronics' Orly STiH416 SoC for streaming and transcoding up to 4 channels in real time to home smart devices (tablets, smartphones, etc.).
News categories: Antik Technology, CCBN, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Semiconductor, TVConnect
nangu.TV unveils Recommendation Engine at TVConnect
Mar 15, 2013 — nangu.TV is demonstrating a number of key features at TV Connect including its new recommendation engine. This is part of its remote control and multi-screen application for tablet, smartphones and set-top box devices.
News categories: nangu.TV, Apps, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, TVConnect
ALi Launches HD network media player with smartphone/tablet display mirroring
Mar 14, 2013 — ALi Corporation has announced the launch of a high definition network media player, M3912, featuring multiscreen video sharing technology. Applications of ALi’s M3912 include multiscreen bridges, DVB to IP thick clients and network multimedia players.
News categories: ALi Corp, Digital TV, Home Networking, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Wireless
iWedia to demonstrate software solutions for IPTV, Google TV, OTT, and SAT>IP devices at TV Connect 2013
Mar 14, 2013 — iWedia has announced that it will be showcasing a collection of software solutions for connected TV devices during TV Connect 2013. With an offering that covers IPTV, Google TV, OTT, and SAT>IP, iWedia affirms itself as the software partner of choice for connected TV devices.
News categories: iWedia, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, TVConnect
TiVo Launches TiVo Mini, Extends Whole-Home Viewing Experience
Mar 11, 2013 — TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the retail availability of TiVo® Mini, a companion device that allows TiVo users to access apps and extend the viewing of live TV, recorded and streaming content, as well as on-demand programming, to rooms throughout their homes without an additional TiVo DVR.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Digital TV, Home Networking, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, USA
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision