Digital TV News: MultiChoice
DTH TV platforms to pass $100 Billion in revenues this year
Nov 12, 2013 – Euroconsult has announced the release of its yearly reference report on satellite television. The 202 million DTH subscribers in over 100 countries (early in 2013) will result in over $100 billion in revenues this year.
News categories: Euroconsult, Pacôme Revillon, Digital TV, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Pace and MultiChoice work with South Africa's Vektronix to build DStv Explora
Aug 1, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC), in partnership with MultiChoice, has announced that it is working with local South African manufacturer Vektronix to assemble and deliver MultiChoice's new HD PVR decoder, the DStv Explora.
News categories: Pace plc, MultiChoice, Vektronix, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, South Africa
18 million DVB-T2 STBs set to ship in 2015
Apr 24, 2013 – According to ABI Research, if remaining analogue television shutoff timelines go largely as planned, over 18 million DVB-T2 STBs will ship in 2015.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Digital TV penetration accelerates in Sub-Saharan Africa
Jan 8, 2013 – About 35.3% of TV homes in Sub-Saharan Africa took digital signals by end-2012, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Sub-Saharan Africa report forecasts that digital TV penetration will rocket to 95.5% by 2018 - with household numbers quadrupling to 49.0 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Angola, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
GOtv DVB-T2 DTT launches in Namibia
Jul 5, 2012 – GOtv, a product of MultiChoice Africa, has launched in Namibia. Using DVB-T2 technology, the service initially features 16 TV channels.
News categories: Multichoice, GOtv, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Namibia, Terrestrial
MultiChoice and Altech UEC launch locally developed 2-tuner HD PVR in South Africa
May 18, 2012 – MultiChoice (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced the introduction of the Altech UEC (Jo'burg: ALT) supplied 2-tuner HD PVR 2U into the South African market. The HD PVR 2U offers one recording environment and one viewing environment, independent of each other.
News categories: MultiChoice, Altech UEC, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
MultiChoice Selects Harmonic for Large Scale DVB-T2 Deployment in Africa
Dec 6, 2011 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that MultiChoice Africa (JSE: NPN), the sub-Saharan multichannel digital satellite television provider, has selected Harmonic's digital video headend solutions for its new Pan-African DVB-T2 network.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, MultiChoice Africa, Africa, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Terrestrial
MultiChoice Africa Implements Irdeto Solution to Enable Access to On-Demand Content on Set Top Boxes, PCs and Mobile Devices
Sep 9, 2011 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced that MultiChoice Africa has implemented Irdeto's Broadband Solution to provide customers of its flagship platform, DStv, with easier, more flexible access to video content.
News categories: Irdeto, MultiChoice, Africa, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShow, Set Top Box
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)