Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's OpenviewThursday, May 25th, 2023
eMedia is proud to announce a stable set of results for the financial year that ended 31 March 2023.
This DTH unit of the business accounted for 23.8% of the advertising revenue amounting to R501.3 million which is up from R468.7 million in the previous year. Profitability in the unit has been maintained with content costs for the fiscal being pegged at R381.0 million.
The distribution of the four Openview entertainment channels on Multichoice, which contributed to the Group’s audience and revenue share, is still under investigation by the Competition Commission after non-renewal of the channel carriage agreement. At the time of this report the channels remain on the Multichoice bouquet as a decision is yet to be received.
The set-top box activations for Openview for the year amounted to 513,840 taking the amount of activated set-top boxes to 3,166,461 activated at the end of the period. Technological advancements being the focus of the business will bring in the next upgraded phase of the Openview set-top box, a smarter set-top box which will have memory facilities and Wi-Fi capability.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store