Digital TV News: Ovum
Ovum Report Confirms 147 Million Devices Managed By TR-069 Protocol
Jun 19, 2012 — A new report published by Ovum confirms the widespread market adoption of TR-069 CPE WAN Management Protocol. The report shows that - by the end of 2011 - TR-069 enabled devices globally totalled more than 147 million and are growing fast.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Ovum, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Router, Set Top Box
NDS Marries Digital TV and OTT with Innovative Applications Development Portal
Mar 10, 2011 — NDS has announced the launch of the NDS Service Delivery Platform, a fully scalable platform that enables TV operators to extend their offering to companion devices through third-party applications.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
New generation of TV services begin to close gap on cable
Feb 1, 2011 — Cable will retain dominance in the global multi-channel TV market over the next five years but the threat from the new generation of digital and internet protocol (IP) services will take its toll, predicts Ovum.
News categories: Ovum, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK, USA
Bell Labs achieves 300Mbps over just two traditional DSL lines
Apr 21, 2010 — Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that its research arm, Bell Labs, has successfully demonstrated a technology that boosts the transmission speeds achievable over just two digital subscriber lines (DSL).
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Broadband, CPE, Digital TV, Infrastructure
ACCESS Exhibits Industry’s Broadest Range of Mobile Solutions at GSMA Mobile World Congress
Feb 16, 2009 — ACCESS will be exhibiting its menu of advanced home-network solutions. Attendees will be introduced to a DTV solution developed with integrated ACCESS technologies that allows users to access seamlessly various types of content on a TV.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Home Networking, Middleware, Mobile, MWC13
Tilgin Home Gateways with Full Service Routing power up IPTV
Sep 30, 2008 — Tilgin has announced a new key functionality 'Full Service Routing' across its portfolio of Telco Home Gateways. Full Service Routing allows operators to flexibly connect and service multiple IP set-tops, PCs and media devices in the home.
News categories: Tilgin, BBWF, Home Networking, IPTV, Set Top Box
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results