Digital TV News: Ovum
Nagra DTT solution launches in Tanzania with BTL
May 29, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its MediaAccess smartcard solution for digital terrestrial television (DTT) has launched in Tanzania with digital broadcast service provider Basics Transmissions Limited (BTL).
News categories: NAGRA, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Smart card / CAM, Tanzania, Terrestrial
Ovum Report Confirms 147 Million Devices Managed By TR-069 Protocol
Jun 19, 2012 – A new report published by Ovum confirms the widespread market adoption of TR-069 CPE WAN Management Protocol. The report shows that - by the end of 2011 - TR-069 enabled devices globally totalled more than 147 million and are growing fast.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Ovum, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Router, Set Top Box
NDS Marries Digital TV and OTT with Innovative Applications Development Portal
Mar 10, 2011 – NDS has announced the launch of the NDS Service Delivery Platform, a fully scalable platform that enables TV operators to extend their offering to companion devices through third-party applications.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Multiscreen, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
New generation of TV services begin to close gap on cable
Feb 1, 2011 – Cable will retain dominance in the global multi-channel TV market over the next five years but the threat from the new generation of digital and internet protocol (IP) services will take its toll, predicts Ovum.
News categories: Ovum, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK, USA
Bell Labs achieves 300Mbps over just two traditional DSL lines
Apr 21, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that its research arm, Bell Labs, has successfully demonstrated a technology that boosts the transmission speeds achievable over just two digital subscriber lines (DSL).
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Broadband, CPE, Digital TV, Infrastructure
ACCESS Exhibits Industry's Broadest Range of Mobile Solutions at GSMA Mobile World Congress
Feb 16, 2009 – ACCESS will be exhibiting its menu of advanced home-network solutions. Attendees will be introduced to a DTV solution developed with integrated ACCESS technologies that allows users to access seamlessly various types of content on a TV.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Home Networking, Middleware, Multiscreen, MWC13
Tilgin Home Gateways with Full Service Routing power up IPTV
Sep 30, 2008 – Tilgin has announced a new key functionality 'Full Service Routing' across its portfolio of Telco Home Gateways. Full Service Routing allows operators to flexibly connect and service multiple IP set-tops, PCs and media devices in the home.
News categories: Tilgin, BBWF, Home Networking, IPTV, Set Top Box
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)