Digital TV News: Verizon
Major US multi-channel video providers lost about 25,000 subscribers in 3Q 2013
Nov 18, 2013 – Leichtman Research has found that the thirteen largest multi-channel video providers in the US -- representing about 94% of the market -- lost about 25,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2013, compared to a loss of about 50,000 video subscribers in 3Q 2012.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
IPTV and cable TV subscribers on opposite trajectories
Nov 7, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research's Pay TV Subscriber Database, from 4Q12 to 1Q13, IPTV subscribers grew over 6% worldwide, while cable video subs declined around 1%.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
IPTV defies drop in US pay TV market to gain subscribers in Q2
Sep 13, 2013 – Amid a plunge in subscribers for cable and satellite providers, Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) was the only segment of the U.S. pay-TV market to achieve growth in the second quarter, according to a new Television Intelligence report from IHS Inc.
News categories: IHS Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Worldwide pay TV service revenue to reach $245 billion in 2013
Sep 4, 2013 – The global Pay TV market continues to grow in the first two quarters of 2013, adding 23 million new subscribers for a 3% increase. Telco TV and satellite TV growth was robust while cable and terrestrial Pay TV services were virtually flat.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
Major US multichannel video providers lose 345,000 subscribers in 2Q 2013
Aug 19, 2013 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the thirteen largest multi-channel video providers in the US -- representing about 94% of the market -- lost about 345,000 net additional video subscribers in 2Q 2013.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
IPTV defies drop in US Pay TV market to gain subscribers in Q2
Aug 14, 2013 – Amid a plunge in subscribers for cable, and now satellite providers, Internet protocol television (IPTV) was the only segment of the U.S. pay-TV market to achieve growth in the second quarter, according to a new report from IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Redbox Instant by Verizon arrives on Roku
Aug 5, 2013 – Redbox Instant by Verizon is now available as a channel on Roku streaming players. Redbox Instant is a monthly subscription package which includes thousands of movies for streaming, plus four DVD credits to get releases on disc at any Redbox kiosk in the U.S.
News categories: Redbox, Roku, Apps, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
BRIC countries keep Pay-TV market growing despite cable subscriber losses
Jul 30, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Pay TV Services and Subscribers report. Cable makes up the largest portion of the pay-TV market, but this will change by 2017 when satellite grows to more than 40% of total pay-TV revenue.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV