Sigma Designs and Western Mediabridge to Demo Android™ Set-Top Box at CESTuesday, January 5th, 2010
LAS VEGAS — 2010 International CES — Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM), a leading provider of system-on-chip (SoC) solutions used to deliver entertainment and control throughout the home, and Western Mediabridge (a Celrun company), a premier provider of complete and fully integrated DTV broadcast end-to-end system solutions, today announced that they will be demonstrating the world’s first commercially available Android™ set-top box (STB) along with several additional advanced STB solutions at the 2010 CES conference in Las Vegas. Private demonstrations will take place on Thursday, January 7 through Saturday, January 9 at Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas.
Together, Sigma and Western Mediabridge will be demonstrating the Android-based STB with the Office software suite, including word and, spreadsheet programs from Hancom, a Korean software company and a Celrun company. In addition, the demonstrations will feature a Video-On-Demand (VOD) client.
“The Android market is quickly evolving from the mobile market to a wide range of home entertainment products,” said Ken Lowe, vice president of strategic marketing at Sigma Designs. “This demonstration of the world’s first commercially available Android set-top box from Sigma and Western Mediabridge is an important milestone as it demonstrates the consumer industry’s desire to take advantage of the benefits of the Android platform.”
“From blu-ray players to IPTV set-top boxes, Sigma has been a pioneer in media processor system-on-chip solutions for many important markets,” said Dylan Kennedy, vice president of sales and marketing at Western Mediabridge. “With Sigma’s industry leading performance and Android’s open and flexible platform, our Android-based STB stands alone as the most innovative STB solution in the market.”
Other Sigma demonstrations at the Western Mediabridge suite at Mandalay Bay include:
- Next generation IPTV set-top boxes powered by Sigma Designs’ SMP8634 and SMP8654 advanced media processors
- Home gateway and thin clients for cable operators powered by Sigma Designs’ SMP8654 advanced media processor
- Over-the-top set-top boxes powered by Sigma Designs’ SMP8654
If you would like to schedule a private demonstration, please contact Simon Kim at Simon.email@example.com.
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution