Connectivity the Key for EchoStar Europe at IBC2010Friday, September 10th, 2010
EchoStar Europe (Stand 4.B54) Will Focus on Advanced Connectivity at IBC2010, Demonstrating How TV Anywhere Will Allow TV Operators to Increase Revenues and Reduce Churn
STEETON, United Kingdom — EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS), a leading developer of added-value, connected-device solutions to the digital television industry, announced today that it will illustrate at IBC2010 how digital TV operators can unlock the potential of connected devices to provide added-value services to consumers whilst increasing network profitability.
As the digital entertainment industry moves towards the age of converged services and media ubiquity, EchoStar Europe will demonstrate how ‘TV Anywhere’ can deliver the ultimate in entertainment convenience to consumers — both inside and outside the home — while ensuring that operators benefit from reduced churn and increased revenue opportunities.
Alongside a comprehensive range of cost effective set-top boxes (STBs) and digital video recorders (DVRs) for cable, IPTV and satellite operators, the company will highlight how ‘TV Anywhere’ technologies — such as its fully integrated SlingLoaded® and DLNA® solutions — can deliver entertainment to consumers anytime and anywhere, ensuring that operators can benefit from reduced churn, enhanced revenues and advanced technologies.
Highlights at this year’s show include:
- The award-winning SlingLoaded HDS-600RS platform that enables digital TV operators to provide consumers with a seamless TV Anywhere experience. Fully integrated SlingLoaded technology enables an operator’s services to be extended securely to Macs®, PCs and mobile devices including iPhone®, iPad® and Android®-based smart phones. The HDS-600 platform has been nominated for three Cable and Satellite International Product of the Year Awards to be held at the show.
- A fully integrated DLNA® solution enabling operators to roll-out features such as whole-home digital video recording (DVR). The solution will show how a cost effective STB solution and third party devices can pull content from an advanced DLNA-based DVR simultaneously.
- State-of-the-art HDC-600 EuroDOCSIS-based platform for cable operators and SlingLoaded HDX-600 platform for IPTV operators.
- An ecosystem of devices from Sling Media, Inc., that support the TV Anywhere paradigm including a variety of standalone Slingboxes® and SlingPlayer Mobile™ applications for iPhone, BlackBerry® and Android®. Sling Media’s award-winning 700U product, a device that plugs directly into the USB port on a STB to deliver an immediate upgrade to a TV Anywhere experience. A new slimline Sling receiver will also be shown that enables content to be received by another TV set.
“We have now established a full range of connected-device solutions for the European digital TV market and have shipped our first products into the cable market”, commented Rick Smith, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at EchoStar Europe. “This, coupled with our expanding portfolio of TV Anywhere technologies, ensures that we can offer comprehensive solutions for digital TV operators, from cost-effective set-tops to powerful solutions that can increase revenue and reduce churn. Connectivity is the key for operators in meeting consumer demand for media ubiquity, and our fully integrated SlingLoaded and DLNA products will place our customers ahead of the curve”.
Visit EchoStar Europe at stand 4.B54 and or contact email@example.com to book your personal product demonstration.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store