Novatek Selects Chips&Media's HD video technology for Set-top Box and DTV PlatformsThursday, December 2nd, 2010
SEOUL, Korea. — Chips&Media, Inc., a leader in silicon video Intellectual Property (IP), today announces that Novatek Microelectronics Corp. has integrated the Chips&Media’s HD multi-standard decoder core into its new family of SoC designs.
Novatek adopted Chips&Media’ core to achieve superior video feature and the highest performance in the development of its next generation SoC designs targeting digital consumer electronics applications including DTV and Set-Top Box (STB).
Steve Kim, CEO at Chips&Media says: “We are delighted to be working with Novatek, the world’s leading provider of digital consumer ICs. Combining Novatek’s leadership in audio, video and display processing technologies with our proven expertise in multi-codec technologies, will create stronger market momentum in digital home entertainment area.”
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement