Cavium Networks to Demonstrate Set-Top Box, Wireless Display and Networked Digital Home Applications at Computex 2011Tuesday, May 31st, 2011
Complete Networking and Connected Home Solutions for Whole Home Wireless Video Distribution Based on PureVu™, ECONA™, Celestial™, and OCTEON® Processors
TAIPEI, TAIWAN — Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications and the digital home, will demonstrate a range of high performance, next-generation multi-media home technologies based upon Cavium’s latest PureVu™, ECONA™, Celestial™ and OCTEON® processor families at Computex 2011 on May 31 – June 4 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Suite 2412.
Cavium continues to drive the innovation in the connected home by developing cutting edge technology across multiple fronts — broadband access, media processing, high-definition video distribution and media storage.
Cavium’s PureVu video processors are targeted for OEMs and ODMs developing wireless, networked high-definition displays for PCs, TVs, gaming consoles, set top boxes, and media players. Cavium’s ECONA low power, dual-core ARM-based processors are being used by Tier-1 OEMs and ODMs building FTTH broadband gateways, network attached storage appliances, cloud expandable storage solutions, media and print servers, and wireless access points. Cavium’s Celestial Set Top Box processors offer industry leading integration and best price-performance for Set Top Box, Digital TV and High Definition Multimedia player applications. OCTEON MIPS64 processors are used in routers, switches, unified threat management (UTM) appliances, wireless LAN controllers and access points, storage switches, triple-play broadband gateways, intelligent network adaptors, 3G, 4G, WiMAX, and LTE wireless femto cells, base stations and gateways.
Cavium will showcase the following product lines at the Grand Hyatt hotel in the company’s private suite 2412:
PureVu Video Processor-Based Demonstrations
- Cavium’s new universal adapter reference design showcasing its ability to support WiVu™, DLNA, and software transmit solution interoperating with a range of popular portable consumer devices including smart phones, tablets and notebook PCs.
- Multi-room, Multi-source Full HD wireless video with IR back-channel and Cavium’s user friendly WiVu™ GUI.
- Actiontec’s MyWirelessTV HDMI adapter with Cavium’s SLL™ technology.
ECONA ARM Processor-Based Demonstrations
- Android-based Gateway design: Android2.2 enabled gateway to showcase advanced services deployment platform.
- NAS: Full-featured, home media server demo to showcase media storage and serving capabilities of the ECONA platform.
- Residential Gateway: Multi-service, high performance gateway demo with media serving, forwarding and wireless access capabilities based on the ECONA platform.
- DECT6.0-integrated Gateway: Demo with integrated DECT6.0 reference design with DSP Group.
Celestial Processor-Based Demonstrations
- Cavium’s Hybrid Analog and ISDB-T Set Top Box platform which fully supports PVR functionally on digital and legacy analog broadcasts, running complete middleware with media-player support.
- Interactive DVB-C reference platform running Celestial CRISP software and applications including video chat.
- Portable TV product with built in media-player application.
OCTEON Multi-Core MIPS64 Processor-Based Demonstrations
- Enterprise class Unified Threat Management: 1) Demonstrate revolutionary Deep Packet Inspection engine for Intrusion Protection/Detection/Antivirus application 2) Showcase product lines from leading tier one U™ provider that leverages the power of next generation OCTEON II processors and integrated Deep Packet Inspection.
- Multi-Motherboard Blade Server: Demonstrates massive array of multi-core solutions, all packed within a 4U chassis showcasing Industry’s best performance/watt for server and data center application.
- Enterprise NAS: 1) Demonstrate leading scalability of NAS & iSCSI performance with multiple flows 2) Showcase Enterprise NAS appliance with best in class SMB performance for NAS & iSCSI.
- Comprehensive ecosystem of ODM partners and their hardware for networking and storage.
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak