Cavium to Showcase Innovations for Set Top Box, Broadband Gateway, and Wireless Display at Broadband World ForumTuesday, September 27th, 2011
Celestial™, ECONA™ and PureVu™ Processor-Based Solutions Ideal for Broadband Access, Media Processing and High-Definition Video Distribution
PARIS and SAN JOSE, CA — Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications and the digital home, will demonstrate industry leading set top box, broadband gateway, and wireless display applications based upon Cavium’s Celestial™, ECONA™ and PureVu™ processor families at Broadband World Forum 2011 from September 27th through September 29th in Paris, France.
Cavium’s Celestial Set Top Box processors offer highly integrated and market-leading price-performance technology for Set Top Box and High Definition Multimedia player applications. Cavium’s ECONA low power, ARM-based processors are being used by Tier-1 OEMs and ODMs building broadband gateways, network attached storage, cloud expandable storage solutions, media and print servers, and wireless access points. Cavium’s PureVu video processors have been designed into wireless, networked high-definition displays and adapters for mobile handsets, PCs, TVs, DVD players and gaming consoles.
Cavium will showcase the following innovative technologies on the show floor in booth L3:
- Cavium’s Hybrid Analog and ISDB-T Set Top Box platform which fully supports PVR functionally on digital and legacy analog broadcasts, running complete middleware with media-player support.
- Interactive DVB-C reference platform running Celestial software and applications including video chat.
- Android-based Gateway design: Android 2.2 enabled gateway to showcase advanced services deployment platform.
- NAS: Full-featured, home media server demo to showcase media storage and serving capabilities of the ECONA platform.
- Residential Gateway: Multi-service, high performance gateway demo with media serving, forwarding and wireless access capabilities based on the ECONA platform.
- Cavium’s new universal adapter reference design capable of supporting various wireless display and media distribution protocols including Cavium’s WiVu™, DLNA, and software transmit solutions. This universal adapter is optimally designed to interoperate with a wide range of popular portable consumer devices including smart phones, tablets, and notebook PCs.
- Cavium’s state-of-the-art wireless HDMI adapter reference design consisting of a high performance adapter pair with 1080p60 performance targeted for multi-room, interactive wireless display applications. Key features include Cavium’s industry leading SLL™ (Super Low Latency) compression, adaptive QoS for robust multi-room operation, and low latency USB and IR back-channel for complete user interactivity.