BBWF (Broadband World Forum) 2019: October 15-17, 2019: Messe, Berlin
Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
Oct 14, 2019 – SoftAtHome has announced that Orange has selected, for its new Livebox 5, SoftAtHome’s Connect’ON solution for an enriched online broadband experience. The home gateway is becoming a full service-delivery platform.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Orange, David Viret-Lange, Ollivier Courtel, BBWF, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware
Plume and Samsung launch OpenSync open source initiative
Oct 23, 2018 – Plume and Samsung have announced the formation of an open source software initiative called OpenSync. The initiative creates a silicon, CPE, and cloud-agnostic approach for the curation, delivery and management of emerging residential services leveraging managed Wi-Fi.
News categories: Plume, Samsung, Liberty Global, Fahri Diner, Chanwoo Park, Dan Hennessy, Shawn Omstead, Fraser Stirling, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
AirTies launches RDK-based Wi-Fi solution
Oct 18, 2018 – AirTies has announced plans to make its managed Wi-Fi solution available for devices running the RDK software platform in Q1 2019. The company also disclosed that a Tier 1 operator expects to deploy AirTies' software on an RDK-based CPE in the coming year.
News categories: AirTies, RDK Management, Philippe Alcaras, Steve Heeb, BBWF, CPE, RDK, SCTE•ISBE, Smart Home, Worldwide
Bulb Technologies certified for Huawei's Envision video platform
Oct 10, 2018 – Bulb Technologies has passed Huawei’s application certification process to supply applications over the Huawei Envision video platform. Bulb is one of only a few vendors certified for the platform at this level.
News categories: Bulb Technologies, Huawei, Marijo Mihelcic, BBWF, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Broadcom expands 802.11ac MU-MIMO portfolio
Oct 18, 2016 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) has announced a new 4x4 802.11ac Wave2 solution which enables significantly better range performance in addition to video over Wi-Fi acceleration capability.
News categories: Broadcom, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Service provider Smart Home opportunity to hit $62 billion by 2020
Oct 17, 2016 – According to Strategy Analytics, by 2020, consumers will be spending nearly $130 billion annually on smart home offerings, with 47%, or more than $60 billion, being available to service providers.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Bill Ablondi, BBWF, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
G.fast set for nearly 29 million end users by 2021
Oct 17, 2016 – An Ovum report jointly commissioned by nbn and BT has predicted that new ultra-fast copper technology G.fast will be serving nearly 30 million subscriber homes and businesses around the world by 2021.
News categories: Ovum, nbn, Openreach, Matthew Howett, Dennis Steiger, Clive Selley, BBWF, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
ZTE to launch 4K Android STB at Broadband World Forum 2016
Oct 13, 2016 – At Broadband World Forum 2016, ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) will unveil its 4K-capable Android TV set-top-box (ZXV10 B860H) which aims to deliver an exceptional TV viewing experience to home users around the world.
News categories: ZTE, Fang Hui, Android TV, BBWF, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SoftAtHome integrates Z-Wave networking with Sigma Designs
Oct 22, 2014 – Sigma Designs and SoftAtHome have announced a partnership to accelerate IoT deployment by integrating the Z-Wave radio protocol into home gateway software. The two companies will jointly demonstrate the platform at Broadband World Forum 2014.
News categories: Sigma Designs, SoftAtHome, Raoul Wijgergangs, Michel Degland, BBWF, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5