Micronas announces discontinuation of its activities in the area of set top boxes for IPTVFriday, December 28th, 2007
ZURICH — In the course of its restructuring efforts Micronas has decided to discontinue its activities in the area of set top boxes for IPTV (internet television). This restructuring measure forms part of the announced streamlining of the product portfolio in the Consumer division.
The restructuring will affect around 100 employees in Santa Clara, USA, and around 20 employees in Shanghai, China.
Most of the discontinuation activities are expected to be completed during the first quarter 2008. The respective costs have already been taken into account in the announced projected restructuring expenses.
The Micronas Group is a leading independent supplier of innovative, application-specific semiconductor solutions for consumer and automotive electronics. Its shares are listed on the SWX Swiss Exchange in Zurich.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store