Dune HD Ships TV-301 Universal Media Player Globally and Offers TV-101 $49 Evaluation Promotion for OperatorsMonday, April 16th, 2012
New Dune HD TV-301 Delivers High Performance Media Player Functionality to IPTV, OTT and VOD Service Providers
LAS VEGAS, NV — Today at the NAB Show 2012, Dune HD, GmbH, maker of high quality, high performance digital media players, announces its new IPTV-ready (Internet Protocol Television) TV-301 universal media player and set-top box, now in production and shipping globally to key resellers and system operators. In support of operators seeking a low cost set-top box (STB), Dune is offering for evaluation purposes, and a limited time, its TV-101 for $49. The Dune HD TV-101 debuted last year and won the coveted Connected TV of the Year Award from ConnectedWorld.TV in September 2011.
TV-301 Delivers Specialized IPTV and OTT Capabilities for Growing Market Demand
While the concept of IPTV seems futuristic to the uninitiated, the technology is very much a popular and growing solution embraced by manufacturers, service providers and consumers around the globe. The Dune HD TV-301 can be used by IPTV providers and operators for specialized set-top-box applications to deliver digital TV programming, VOD subscription services or specialty content in full HD (1080p) resolution. The unit supports IPTV playback and recording of streams (dependent upon availability of multicast UDP/RTP streams with a given Internet provider). The device combines an ultra-compact size including internal HDD drive with a low price-point, making it highly accessible for many consumer, professional and operator applications.
“We are excited to make the TV-301 available to the IPTV community worldwide, as digital media players and set-top boxes are more relevant than ever in an expanding connected-device market,” said Konstantin Dyshlevoy, PhD, Chairman and CEO of Dune HD. “IPTV delivers distinct opportunities for operators and content owners alike to deliver live interactive television, VOD and time-shifting services. We’re happy to bring a compact, affordably priced IPTV-ready device to support growing market demand, which research is showing represents the future of television as we know it.”
Dune HD TV-301 Robust Features, Compact Size
Dune HD’s TV-301 offers tremendous technical firepower in a small product footprint:
- Widest possible range of inputs, outputs and audio-video formats, including HDMI 1.3 and USB 3.0 ports, 1080p output with upscaling, high-resolution audio (up to 192 kHz/24-bit), playlist creation and customizable user interfaces for file management.
- Upscale DVD or SD video content to 1080p.
- Connects to content from IPTV, OTT and VOD services, as well as digital terrestrial TV (via external USB module) and DNLA.
- Multiple Media Sources supported, including PC, NAS or directly attached storage devices such as HDD, USB Flash drives and SD cards.
- Multiple DRMs supported, including Microsoft DRM10, PlayReady, Verimatrix, Secure Media, Flash Access and more.
- Features Dune HD IPTV API support and middleware solution integrations from BeeSmart, Nordija and others by request.
- Dune Network Playback Accelerator with special optimizations ensuring best-in-class network playback performance for the Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) platform. Enables smooth playback of any supported media content via any network protocol (including NFS and SMB) even in 100 Mbit/s Ethernet networks.
- Sigma Designs SMP8670 Secure Media Processor™. Delivering excellent playback and performance of video, audio and other interactive features.
- Compact size: 160mm x 115mm x 36mm.
Dune HD at the NAB Show
Dune HD announced separately today new partnerships with interactive TV solution providers BeeSmart and Nordija to integrate their middleware solutions into Dune HD devices. Dune HD will demonstrate the new TV-301 and complete line of high-performance media players in the South Hall Upper, Booth #11109 at the NAB Show, April 16-19, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The NAB Show is the world’s largest gathering of media and entertainment professionals, focused on creative inspiration and next-generation technologies designed to develop and promote new opportunities for entertainment content delivery and consumption.