HEVC Compliance Streams at IBC 2012Tuesday, September 4th, 2012
GRENOBLE, France — Allegro DVT, the world leader in audio/video compliance streams, announces the immediate availability of its HEVC compliance test suites.
HEVC (aka “High Efficiency Video Coding”) is the next generation video standard, currently being developed by the JCT-VC team. JCT-VC is a joint team between MPEG and VCEG. The finalized HEVC standard will bring 50% bitrate savings compared to equivalent H.264/AVC encodings. HEVC should be ready for ratification by ISO and ITU (as ISO/IEC 23008-2 MPEG-H Part2 and ITU-T Rec.H.265) by the end of January 2013. HEVC decoders will then be quickly adopted in many devices such as: camcorders/DSC, digital TVs, PCs, set-top boxes, smartphones, tablets, …
Thanks to the know-how developed with its industry de-facto standard H.264/MPEG-4 AVC/MVC/SVC compliance streams, Allegro DVT is proud to launch the world first HEVC compliance test suites. These test suites allow Allegro DVT customers to quickly develop and verify their HEVC decoder. The new HEVC compliance test suites are immediately available, and will be updated regularly until the HEVC standard is finalized. The Allegro DVT HEVC compliance test suites have already been licensed by several major IC vendors.
At IBC2012, Allegro DVT will demonstrate its HEVC compliance test suites on its booth: 1.A46.
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement