Accedo powers Deutsche Telekom TV apps on EntertainMonday, September 17th, 2012
STOCKHOLM — Accedo, market-leading enabler of TV application solutions, today announced that its Accedo Application Sphere® solution has been chosen by Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt:DTE; NYSE:DT) to power the recently launched TV Apps on Entertain in Germany.
Accedo Application Sphere®, which was awarded “Outstanding Technology Innovation” at the annual Connected TV Awards earlier this year, provides a powerful, cloud based, scalable and open application management platform. It provides attractive administrative tools to manage applications for multiple platforms and devices.
“We are proud to have been selected by Deutsche Telekom as their partner for their new Entertain TV Apps offering,” commented Michael Lantz, CEO, Accedo. “Accedo Application Sphere® fulfils the requirements from tier 1 service providers like Deutsche Telekom. We’re excited to work with Deutsche Telekom to provide the next generation application experience for TV.”
The Entertain TV Apps are available on the Microsoft Mediaroom platform and was launched to consumers at the IFA show in Berlin beginning of September.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution