Silicon Image Expands MHL® Product Line with Four New ProductsTuesday, September 25th, 2012
New Products Include Latest MHL 2.0 Features, and Target Mobile Device, Accessory and Display Applications
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — CEATEC JAPAN 2012 — Silicon Image, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIMG), a leading provider of HD connectivity solutions, today announced the expansion of its MHL® (Mobile High-Definition Link) portfolio with four new products–the SiI8558 MHL transmitter, the SiI9296 MHL-to-HDMI bridge, the SiI1296 MHL-to-VGA bridge, and the SiI9293 dual-mode MHL/HDMI® receiver–all of which supports the highest digital A/V capabilities and incorporate features defined in the latest MHL specification version 2.0.
MHL, LLC, the entity overseeing and administering the adoption, licensing, and promotion of the MHL specification, estimates that by the end of 2012 more than 200 million MHL-enabled products will have shipped worldwide since the inception of the standard. Silicon Image’s newly announced suite of MHL 2.0 products will enable the next generation of MHL products and accessories to reach the market starting in 2013, continuing to expand the number and types of devices in the MHL ecosystem.
“In addition to today’s hottest smartphones, PC monitors, and DTVs, MHL technology is finding its way into other innovative products including automotive infotainment systems, A/V receivers, Blu-ray players, pico projectors, accessories, and many consumer media devices,” said David Kuo, director of product marketing at Silicon Image, Inc. “As a leader in developing HD connectivity solutions, Silicon Image continues to deliver new optimized, feature-enhanced MHL ICs for the latest worldwide mobile and CE products.”
MHL 2.0 Transmitter:
- SiI8558 is an MHL transmitter that integrates the latest MHL specification version 2.0 features. The SiI8558 also integrates a 4-to-1 multi-media switch to reduce system cost.
MHL 2.0 Bridge ICs:
- SiI9296 and SiI1296 are bridge ICs that support the latest specification version 2.0 features allowing connection to HDMI and VGA displays.
MHL 2.0 Receiver IC:
- SiI9293 is a dual-mode MHL/HDMI receiver for display applications.
These new MHL products will be showcased at Silicon Image’s demo suite during CEATEC Japan 2012, Oct. 2-5, 2012 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution