Claro and DISH join to offer bundled TV, internet, wireless and telephony in Puerto RicoWednesday, July 24th, 2013
- Market leaders to offer bundled services at a better value than cable
- Most HD channels and fastest Internet available together
- Bundles available at Claro and DISH retail outlets starting in August
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — Claro and DISH Puerto Rico, the Island’s largest telecommunications and pay-TV providers respectively, announced today that they have entered into a partnership to offer customers bundled services including DISH’s pay-TV and Claro’s Internet, wireless and telephone services, conveniently on a single bill. Bundled services will be sold at select Claro and DISH retail locations in the Island beginning in mid-August.
“The alliance of these two powerhouse brands will expand the choices available to customers in Puerto Rico,” said Joseph P. Clayton, DISH president and chief executive officer.
“With this new alliance, we join Dish’s experience as a satellite provider with our telecommunications, entertainment and connectivity services. Claro is reaffirmed as leader in telecommunications and entertainment with the most extensive coverage in the Island,” said Enrique Ortiz de Montellano, Claro president and CEO.
The partnership will launch in mid-August with a multi-faceted marketing campaign. Both companies will release more information including consumer offerings at that time.
“Our businesses complement each other to provide access to the best entertainment, sports news and information, as well as a connection to family and friends,” added Alfredo Rodriguez, DISH vice president for Latino marketing. “Consumers can now choose from a complete menu to meet their technology needs, and bundle it all on one bill at an affordable price.”
DISH is the only pay-TV provider offering more than 100 high-definition (HD) channels in Puerto Rico, and offers its award-winning Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR including features like AutoHop™, PrimeTime Anytime™ and up to 500 hours of high-definition (2,000 hours of standard definition) recording capability.
Claro is the leader in telecommunications in Puerto Rico, offering Internet, wireless and telephone services. Claro is recognized for its reliable service thanks to a dedicated Internet port through Claro’s powerful private fiber optic network.
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution