Technicolor demonstrates industry’s first 4Kp60 set-top boxTuesday, April 29th, 2014
Technicolor Demonstrates Industry’s First ‘High-Frame-Rate’ 4K/UHD Set Top Box At The 2014 Cable Show
- Visit Technicolor’s Booth #513 to see the home media technology that is enabling the next wave of augmented consumer viewing experiences
PARIS, France & HOLLYWOOD, California — Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH) is pleased to announce the availability of world’s first “high-frame-rate” 4Kp60 (60 frames per second) Set Top Box, which will be showcased during The Cable Show (April 29 – May1 in Los Angeles).
Available for both Cable and Satellite networks, Technicolor is gearing up to deliver the most immersive 4K experience. This industry first follows the company’s demonstration of the first 4K/UHD Set Top Box in 2013.
Along with its work on High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Color Gamut technologies, Technicolor is building on its compression and color science to deliver an augmented content experience for all network services providers willing to deploy an Hollywood-grade picture quality to their consumers.
“Technicolor once again leads the market in offering the innovative technologies for the home that will enable the next leap in consumer viewing experiences,” said Michel Rahier, President, Connected Home. “With the introduction of the industry’s first 4K/UHD unit last year, and today the first high-frame-rate 4K Set Top Box, Technicolor is connecting the next immersive viewing experience to the home, with the fidelity, quality and range of experience consumers demand.”
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement