SMiT achieves Verimatrix advanced CI+ security certificationTuesday, June 17th, 2014
HONG KONG — SMiT Corporation (SMiT), the global-leading operation platform provider for secure distribution of paid content, announced today that it has achieved Verimatrix certification for the advanced cardless CI+ CAM. Moreover, SMiT is the first CAM manufacturer who passes the advanced security level of Verimatrix, the specialist in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-network, multi-screen digital TV services around the globe.
The CI+ CAM is a cardless product integrating Verimatrix’s highest level of client security technology. With the CAM, end-users can watch encrypted TV programs with no need for a smart card, and operators will minimize their costs by skipping the CAM-smart card pairing process while ensuring a highly secure transmission. Additionally, it fully complies with the CI+ 1.3 standard to support rich interactive features such as hybrid video-on-demand (VOD), catch-up TV, parent control, etc.
Akado and Tattelecom from Russia will first deploy the advanced cardless CI+ CAM in their market.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store