Tele2 bundles SimpliTV DTT with broadband in AustriaMonday, November 3rd, 2014
VIENNA — Austria’s alternative fixed-line telephone operator, Tele2, has announced that it is bundling the SimpliTV pay DTT service with its broadband and telephony offerings.
Subscribers receive up to 40 channels, including Austria’s main free-to-air channels as well as additional pay channels, via an antenna connected to a set-top box. The set-top box supports the addition of an external HDD or Flash drive via USB for time-shifting of programmes. HD channels from ORFeins, ORF2, ServusTV, ARD, ZDF, RTL, Pro7, Sat1, VOX are included as part of the package.
The service is available standalone to existing subscribers for €10 extra per month. In combination with broadband the price varies between €17.80 and €29.90 per month depending on line speed.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution