Sigma Designs introduces STV7703 Ultra HD DTV SoCMonday, January 5th, 2015
Sigma Designs Introduces Groundbreaking New STV7703 Ultra HD DTV Chipsets
- Powerful Ultra HD SoCs Deliver Advanced High Dynamic Range, 4K HEVC @ 60fps and Google VP9 UHD Decoding
MILPITAS, CA — Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ: SIGM), a leading provider of intelligent system-on-chip (SoC) solutions for Smart TV, Internet of Things for Smart home and IP-based set-top-boxes (STBs), today introduced the STV7703 Ultra HD (UHD) High Dynamic Range (HDR) smart TV chipsets. Following the successful deployment of Sigma’s first generation Ultra HD SoC STV7603, this powerful single-chip solution is ideal for the next generation Ultra HD 60Hz Smart TVs, providing a broad range of advanced capabilities and delivering an amazing UHD experience. STV7703 together with a companion Ultra HD FRC chip can provide an ideal solution for high end UHD 120Hz TVs.
Sigma Designs will showcase its new STV7703 processors at CES 2015, January 6-9 in Las Vegas, at the Westgate Hotel (formerly LVH), Santa Fe suite #2990.
Key capabilities supported on this groundbreaking platform include:
- Ultra HD (UHD) Single Chip for 60Hz Smart TV
- 4K Ultra HD (UHD) resolution with High Dynamic Range and Wide Color Gamut capabilities
- HEVC (H.265) UHD 10 bit video decoding at 60fps
- Google VP9 UHD decoding
- Trusted Execution Environment and ARM Trust Zone support for content protection
- Integrated UHD HDMI v2 receivers with HDCPv2.2 content protection
- Integrated Civolution NexGuard forensic UHD watermarking Technology to curb content piracy
- Support for Android and Linux operating systems, as well as pre-integrated software for TV middleware, DRM, HTML5 browser engine and other software packages to build TV sets or other display products
“The next generation of smart TVs will natively support UHD 60 fps HEVC decoding of live recorded or streamed content as well as full HD to UHD image upscaling, and at Sigma we are building solutions that not only meet those needs but also dramatically improve picture quality and content security,” said Mustafa Ozgen, vice president and general manager of the multi-media business unit at Sigma Designs. “The new STV7703 SoCs enable TV OEMs and ODMs to bring UHD to mass market with an optimized TV motherboard design and very powerful video and sound processors that provide better quality than ever as consumers truly begin to enjoy the Ultra HD experience.”
Integration with industry partners — notably Google VP9 Technology and Civolution watermarking — also helps to make the STV7703 an ideal solution for next generation big-screen TV sets, providing the enhanced imaging and protection required for premium UHD services, including intensive high-motion content.
The new STV7703 single-chip solution is HDMI 2.0 capable and includes high-performance Quad Core ARM CPUs and Quad Core GPUs technology that enable outstanding video and sound processing advanced connectivity and OTT services for the next generation Smart TV. To enable fast time to market, STV7703 comes with production-proven software solutions for all major geographical regions, as well as an integrated software stack for broadcast, broadband and in-home networking.