Airtel Digital TV customer base hits 10 millionWednesday, April 1st, 2015
Airtel Digital TV achieves customer base of 10 million in just 6 years of inception
- Announces plans to add 12 new channels soon taking the portfolio up to 500 channels & services
- Plans to expand the HD portfolio to over 50 best HD channels shortly; making it one of the largest HD bouquet in the industry
- To expand the regional channel portfolio soon and offer the highest number of channels in Assamese, Gujarati, Kannada and Tamil languages
NEW DELHI — Airtel Digital TV, the DTH arm of leading global telecommunications provider Bharti Airtel today announced that it has achieved the 10 million customer mark. The company achieved this milestone within a short span of 6 years. With an eye on innovation, the company has many first to its credit. Airtel Digital TV was the first to introduce the Universal Remote to the market along with value added services like Multi-lingual EPG, World’s first USSD-based self-care facility on mobile among others, making it one of the fastest growing DTH companies in the country today.
Announcing the achievement, Shashi Arora, CEO – Airtel Digital TV said, “Innovation and customer satisfaction is core to our DNA. At Airtel Digital TV, we strive to empower our customers with superior television viewing experience by offering innovative & life enriching services backed with cutting-edge technology. As we look back, we take pride in the product and service innovations that we have brought to the industry. These offerings have not only helped increase customer stickiness but has also made us one of the fastest growing DTH companies today. We will continue to go this path and offer customers world class content and television viewing.”
A pioneering company, Airtel Digital TV is the first and only company to enable customers to record even on the standard definition set-top-box which can be done with the help of a simple USB storage drive enabling the high-end feature to be enjoyed by the masses. The recently launched Integrated Digital TV (iDTV) is yet another key innovation by Airtel. Pioneered in partnership with leading TV manufacturer, the iDTV technology miniaturized set-top-box into a small yet efficient smart card that fit directly at the back panel of television sets with minimal wiring and a single remote thereby offering customers a superior & world class experience.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution