Kyivstar launches IPTV across its FTTB network in UkraineTuesday, November 24th, 2015
KIEV — Kyivstar, a subsidiary of VimpelCom, has announced the availability of its ‘Home TV’ (Домашнє ТБ; Домашнее ТВ) IPTV service across the entirety of its FTTB network in Ukraine. The company had been testing Home TV in the cities of Krivoy Rog (Kryvyi Rih) and Zhytomyr before the launch.
Four packages of channels are available ranging in price from UAH 29 to 169 (~USD 1.22-7.10) per month depending on the number of channels. There are between 70 and 130 channels, both local and international, including channels in HD. The channels are provided by Viasat, part of the Modern Times Group (MTG), which has a satellite pay TV licence for Ukraine.
Kyvistar’s FTTB network covers more than 4.5 million households in 100 cities across Ukraine with more than 800,000 subscribers.
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary